Question about HID bulbs

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought BKmoto projector a few months ago. With the kit one of the bulbs did not work, I called and he sent me two more bulbs. I thought great, I'll have a spare. Well sure enough one of the bulbs burned out so I replaced it--->PIA!!!
The spare he sent me is not working. So out of the 4 bulbs I got from them, 3 are out already. Not very good for bulbs that are supposed to last years. So that's 1 that burned out and 2 that just did not work. Can I buy bulbs from somewhere else that will work with the kit as long as they are the same wattage and have the same connections? This is my first time ever having HID lights and I do like them and want to keep the kit on my bike.
Thanks!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming you have two HID units, did you swap all of these bulbs through the KNOWN good HID controller??

These bulbs have no filament to speak of so its rare for them to not strike and light. They get dim but unless the gas is gone, IME - most will glow at some level.

Off hand, I'd guess it's more likely you have a bad controller module.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i agree, i would try the "bad" bulbs on the working ballast to be sure they are not working, i would guess it is the ballast as it is quite uncommon for that many bulbs to doa.

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what would happen if BKmoto went out of business. Where would I get bulbs or a new ballast or would I have to buy another kit from somewhere?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what would happen if BKmoto went out of business. Where would I get bulbs or a new ballast or would I have to buy another kit from somewhere?

Ballasts are out there and interchangeable. Observe the WATTS. Bulbs are too. Just do a search for the bulb type you are using. Its custom integration and/or plug and play that is a harder match in the bike realm.

link to 35w ballasts... bulbs are here too. Morimoto 3Five Ballasts (Long Cord)

The 3Five ballast is compact and pretty reliable.

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question......on the way home tonight...the bulb that was on went out and the bulb that was out came on so I know the ballast is working. Both the halo lights are lit. I thought I had checked all the wires the other day, at least on the one side that was giving me the trouble. Should I go over it all again or be looking for a connection that both headlights have in common? This is new to me for them to switch like this

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta say, even tho one of the headlights is out right now and could switch:rolleyes: These are so much better than stock lights and working with Boris at BKmoto has been pretty easy. When I find the problem I'll post it up