Question about my new exhaust?

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on M4 exhaust this weekend and today was my 1st real ride. Afterwards I noticed a strong smell and some smoke from the middle of the bike......is that normal for new pipes, will it go away after a couple of miles of riding with the new pipes?

Did you spray the front pipe joint with WD-40 per the M-4 instructions? That's probably what the smoke was, as the oil got hot. I didn't use any lube, and hadn't noticed any smoke.

They sound sweeet, don't they? :rockon:

When I pulled into a gas station about 20 minutes into my first ride with my new Scorpions installed, there was some smoke and a nasty smell coming off the back of my bike......It hasn't done it since.
I'd say it's normal for your M4's and it'll stop doing it after a couple of rides.

Did you spray the front pipe joint with WD-40 per the M-4 instructions? That's probably what the smoke was, as the oil got hot. I didn't use any lube, and hadn't noticed any smoke.

They sound sweeet, don't they? :rockon:

I'll have to agree. If you used WD-40 it will give you white smoke when it gets hot for the first few times. If this is what the smoke is, don't worry about it.

My m4s also continue to smoke after putting about 100 miles on them. I did not spray any wd40 or other lubricant on them during installation so that cause is ruled out. I am just assuming it will go away eventually.

probably the coating that they spray on them when they make them, even my stock ones did it for a little while...

Back