Questions from my recent ride ...

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Newbie with an '07 blue, so I've been going out and finding roads with a couple of curves to practice on. Sunday morning, I was returning from my third time out on the bike. I was cruising ~70 mph on a highway when I saw another sportbike (had a big "R" on the side, but wasn't an R1) approaching in the left lane. He slowed when he reached me and crusied alongside for 10-15 seconds, then lifted his front wheel and accelerated ahead doing a wheelie for ~200 yds. Dropped his front tire and threw his arms out as if to say "your turn". Needless to say, I don't have the skillz (or inclination) to perform a stunt like that. He then made a sharp turn (at 70 mph) to jump off the hwy and looked over his shoulder to see if I would follow (I didn't).

So I get (and really like) the "motorcycle wave", but is there another sort of camraderie that I'm missing. I know I didn't do anything to challenge him, but did I need to do something to tell him I wasn't interested?

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Southwest Arlington, to be exact. I rode down 287 (through your backyard) to get to 157 (south of Heritage Pkwy). There are some nice gentle curves to get my confidence up.

Not sure I'll be ready for a track day anytime soon, but that's good to know about for the future. Any other good routes in the local vicinity?

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe you met a gixxer.

and you were definitely right to not follow him or his "performance." It's idiots like that that give everyone who rides a bad name.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You can shake your head if you want...it's really easy to notice since mc helmets are so big. Most of all, just stay focused on your own ride (i.e., what's coming at you at 70+ MPH)
________
Nexium Side Effect

Last edited: