R1 exhaust

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried searching on my phone and foumd nothing, but has anyone put a r1 exhaust system (the one under the tail like the fz6) on our fz6? I like the way they look and would like to fit a 07 system on my 07 fz6
Thanks

Edit: I purchased R1 exhaust off what I believe is a 2006 R1 and as much as I would love to have it on there this summer, unless we run into a bad spurt in weather where i would want it inside for a few days, will probably not happen until winter as I dont want the FZ out of commission while I fabricate the exhaust, but I will keep everyone up to date and will keep a good log of my progress as it is made.

Last edited:

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got two titanium R6 cans from the underslung R6 model (bought off ebay for a total of £60) that I'm going to have a man try and fit for me in a couple of weeks time. Similar idea, these things are very very light and should just about fit. Think they'll need baffles in though as all the silencing on an R6 is done by the collector box underneath the engine and the little cans do nothing much to help.
Will post pics when done

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
im in the process of undergoing this as well...got my r1 can...needs a custom y pipe and custom brackets...it will stick out a little further then stock...ill post some pics as i get the real work done

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like this?:BLAA:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaKOfczaEU&NR=1]YouTube - FZ6 pots de R1 titane[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9H9BvDUpc]YouTube - FZ6 with modified R1 Titan exhaust[/ame]

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked into this myself a little bit, but got sidelined by other stuff. In the process of this I ran into a couple of questions about this mod.

1) Will this improve the airflow through the engine without losing back pressure?
Will this improve the overall performance? HP gains like with other aftermarket exhausts?
2) or will this just be a cosmetic mod?

I can't wait to see the final product from some of you guys. Even better a dyno chart from one one a fz6. Ahh dreams:rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked into this myself a little bit, but got sidelined by other stuff. In the process of this I ran into a couple of questions about this mod.

1) Will this improve the airflow through the engine without losing back pressure?
Will this improve the overall performance? HP gains like with other aftermarket exhausts?
2) or will this just be a cosmetic mod?

I can't wait to see the final product from some of you guys. Even better a dyno chart from one one a fz6. Ahh dreams:rolleyes:

If these are stock baffles, I don't think they would hurt anything the ECU won't be able to correct. Two brothers are a lot less restrictive and as long as you're leave you Cat. Converter in. They do sound better and are probably a lot less restrictive than the FZ6 OEM exhaust.

They also look great! :rockon:

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, now has anyone ever heard of an FZ6 with a Triumph 675 exhaust on it? or a triumph 675 exhaust (stock) in person? I am just looking at some different things. If I went with either of these, would I need anything to help compensate for the different exhaust like a PCIII?
Thanks

epykwryter

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I also considered a shorty exhaust but wasnt sure how I felt about dressing up an empty tail. I would be really interested to see if anyone has any knowledge on this.