Radiator fan air flow

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good day!
This may sound stupid but im kinda worried about my temperature
Fz6n S1

While moving at slow traffic my temperature gauge is stucked at 4 bars and not going down even after i started riding faster. The fan still on and doesnt turn off until i rode it on clear roads for a long while

Now my question is what direction of the airflow should it be?
Mine goes forward (direction A)
Or should it be (direction B)

Wrong airflow may cause the bike to overheat and thats what im trying to figure out which is which

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_181818.jpg
    IMG_20220302_181818.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 21

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There should be a BLUE wire...that's the positive, and a Black wire that is ground.

When the fan is running you should be able to place a piece of paper on the front side of the radiator and have it stay in place. If the paper blows away, its running with reverse polarity.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There should be a BLUE wire...that's the positive, and a Black wire that is ground.

When the fan is running you should be able to place a piece of paper on the front side of the radiator and have it stay in place. If the paper blows away, its running with reverse polarity.
Alright i'll double check tomorrow thank you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition: I worked on a bike that had overheating problems due to oil contamination on the cooling veins. The radiator was clogged with dust that the oil held onto. We degreased the radiator with dish soap, rinsed and the cooling was good.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
T
In addition: I worked on a bike that had overheating problems due to oil contamination on the cooling veins. The radiator was clogged with dust that the oil held onto. We degreased the radiator with dish soap, rinsed and the cooling was good.
I installed a brand new radiator after the engine rebuild, i noticed the gap between the fan and ta radiator is larger then the stock radiator