Rate My Security

4 The F4llen

Reaction score
Visit site
I was born and raised in Dallas Texas but 2 years ago I moved to Lubbock Texas to go to school (Texas Tech University). About a month ago I bought my first bike, 06 fz6, all stock, 6k miles, perfect condition, $3700. Anyways I am afraid of getting my bike stolen for when I move back to Lubbock in 6 days as it is a college town. I do have theft insurance on the bike which would pay me about $3250 after deductible should it get stolen but still that's $450 out of pocket and that bike is my child.

Anyways, I live at an apartment complex which is nicer than average and the general population are decent people but still. Apt complex parking lots always have bad reputations. There are no garages for rent unfortunately. The good news is that i have a small FENCED backyard. The fence is relatively short. 5 feet I think. Anyways my plan is to keep it in the fence, lock the fence with a good lock, and use one of those plastic coated braided steel cable locks (heard they are a real bitch to get through with bolt cutters) similar to a regular bike lock to chain it to one of the fence posts. Also to keep it safe from eyes, sun and the rain, I am planning on keeping it covered with a nice rain proof motorcycle cover. Also I might add that my sisters bedroom is literally RIGHT ABOVE the back yard. If there was a large amount of commotion back there she would probably wake up and I could shoot the bastards trying to steal my **** haha.

Tell me what you think or any other suggestions you may have!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I would suggest using the fork lock and keeping it parked in first gear and you should be all right. Of course that won't keep anybody from f-ing with your bike.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
buy a trunk-monkey, a lawn chair, a bushel of nanners, and a 12ga.

oh and you might need a box of the really big black contractor trash bags for "disposal" purposes.......

and a bike cover.
seriously get a bike cover and lock it. spill some paint on the bike cover and make it look like a crappy bike is underneath.

Last edited:

4 The F4llen

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but at that point all someone has to do is have 2 guys stick 2 baseball bats between the spokes and just slap it in the back of a truck. take it apart and sell it for parts :{

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I was born and raised in Dallas Texas but 2 years ago I moved to Lubbock Texas to go to school (Texas Tech University). About a month ago I bought my first bike, 06 fz6, all stock, 6k miles, perfect condition, $3700. Anyways I am afraid of getting my bike stolen for when I move back to Lubbock in 6 days as it is a college town. I do have theft insurance on the bike which would pay me about $3250 after deductible should it get stolen but still that's $450 out of pocket and that bike is my child.

Anyways, I live at an apartment complex which is nicer than average and the general population are decent people but still. Apt complex parking lots always have bad reputations. There are no garages for rent unfortunately. The good news is that i have a small FENCED backyard. The fence is relatively short. 5 feet I think. Anyways my plan is to keep it in the fence, lock the fence with a good lock, and use one of those plastic coated braided steel cable locks (heard they are a real bitch to get through with bolt cutters) similar to a regular bike lock to chain it to one of the fence posts. Also to keep it safe from eyes, sun and the rain, I am planning on keeping it covered with a nice rain proof motorcycle cover. Also I might add that my sisters bedroom is literally RIGHT ABOVE the back yard. If there was a large amount of commotion back there she would probably wake up and I could shoot the bastards trying to steal my **** haha.

Tell me what you think or any other suggestions you may have!

Long story short - if someone wants your bike, they're getting it. Lucky for you, it's an FZ6 - and it's an 06. If you had a new SS, I'd be more worried, but odds are, with that setup you'll be fine. You also have insurance on it, so good work. If you're really worried you can get a proximity alarm for pretty cheap, or set up a motion detector light in the backyard. Bike covers do a good job of deterring theft from the opportunist thief, if they don't see it, they won't try to take it.

But that ruins the fun, since in Texas you have the right to use deadly force to protect your property from nighttime theft! So leave it out in front of the house, put a spotlight on it and sit and wait... (with your 12ga) :BLAA: