Rear brake lever

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the rear brake lever irritate anyone else or are my boots just too big?
It seems like I have to turn in my foot a little to properly touch. Shoes are not as much of an issue but it just seems like this lever head is really small.
I might take it off and bend it out some to make it easier to push.

Has anyone replaced their lever? Guess I am used to older styles where it has a large square head.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
In all honesty, I very very very rarely use my rear brake. The ONLY time I do, is either when I need to make an emergency-type stop (I need more braking power) or when I'm needing to scrub just a little bit of speed in a corner (such as at the Gap).

Otherwise, I use ONLY the front brake. :thumbup:

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently adjusted mine so that it sits lower. Now I can have my foot covering the lever without it being uncomfortable. However, I do understand what you mean. My foot naturally rests so that I have to move my foot in to use the lever.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I totally understand that. I'm a US size 15 (UK 14, EU 49-50) feet and was struggling to begin with. However after mounting the GSG lowering pegs and moving down the shifter and brakepedal as much as possible things are better. Also with riding I guess you just adjust your position unconsciously after a while.

feel you is what I'm saying ;)

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
i don't have this issue, but you could try bending your brake lever out a little to make it easier to catch with your toe

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
That was my plan at this time. Seems while hand controls are a dime a dozen, not so much for foot controls.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Never had an issue, but I am only a size US 10 so that could be why. However, when I went from riding with sneakers (I know..terrible!) to my boots which are high rising and stiffer, I did notice that I felt a little more pressure on the top of my foot and ankle when it was in its resiting position on top of the pedal. Got used to it rather quickly, though, and I dont even take notice anymore.