Removing Yamaha tank emblems

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Someone on here must have already done this!

I want to remove the Yamaha emblems from the sides of my tank, they are the glossy sticker type rather than the lacquered over ones, I'm just wondering what type of glue they are held on with, and how impossibly hard it is to clean off the tank.

I am assuming at this point that I will be able to remove them without removing the paint they are stuck on to...

Any help, as always, is much appreciated.

agp

Reaction score
Visit site
You can heat them up with a hair dryer and just pull them off. Use goo gone to remove the adhesive residue. If you have trouble getting the adhesive off with goo gone I recommend using 3m adhesive remover.

FZ6Rrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I didn't want to go out and buy goo gone, I just used lighter fluid to remove the adhesive, worked great for me! :rockon:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I used paraffin and fairy liquid (not at the same time). These stickers come off really easily and if you're slow and careful, the glue will come with them. The one advising about the petrol is really hard to get off!

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I like mine and don't want to remove them...We'll see though, as I found out aren't on evenly when I put my tank bag on...I'm kinda anal like that, but it hasn't bothered me too bad yet :rolleyes:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Someone on here must have already done this!

I want to remove the Yamaha emblems from the sides of my tank, they are the glossy sticker type rather than the lacquered over ones, I'm just wondering what type of glue they are held on with, and how impossibly hard it is to clean off the tank.

I am assuming at this point that I will be able to remove them without removing the paint they are stuck on to...

Any help, as always, is much appreciated.

My tank badges came off on about day 2 of ownership.
I took them off carefully enough that I could relocate them, discussed in these posts:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8290-tuning-fork-sticker-removal.html#post98323

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/12298-factory-labels-stickers.html#post155022

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
all you need:
41229d1195963300-adhesive-removal-3m-general-purpose-adhesive-cleaner.jpg

Those come off the easiest. The large stickers on the plastics not so much.