Reverse handlebars!!

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone her ever tried turning the handles bars upside down, to make them lower? If you have let me know what the outcome was, because it actually looks like a good idea.

C

CombatPenguin

I had the same idea, I'm waiting for the winter season to try it out.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing i would be concerned about is the clearance between the bars and the tank. You really don't have a lot of room to play with there...
Good luck anyway!:D

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'm not doing it either. My guess is that it would hit the tank, possibly hit the fairing, and really not be at all comfortable.

Upside down bars won't give you instant Clubman bars. The angle the grips are at will be all kinds of wrong. I suspect anyone who tries it won't be able to ride for five minutes before wanting to change it back.

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
If memory serves me, someone over at SBN tried this several years back with bad results. I will try to find the thread.

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not doing it either. My guess is that it would hit the tank, possibly hit the fairing, and really not be at all comfortable.

Upside down bars won't give you instant Clubman bars. The angle the grips are at will be all kinds of wrong. I suspect anyone who tries it won't be able to ride for five minutes before wanting to change it back.

I think the bars would hit the tank. In order to keep the angles of the grips correct you'd need to flop the right side to the left, requiring you to swap the controls and grips.

If you want a lower bar position I think you've got the wrong motorcycle. There are plenty of other bikes out there with that set-up.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
It's funny how everyone mentioned that they bought the bike for the upright riding position, so did I. this is my first bike and I have gotten pretty good. I was just curious as to how it would handle through corners and how it would look. I don't have the money to go out and just buy a sportbike, but I have enough common sence to know that trying to learn on one isn't the smartest thing you can do. thanks for the input.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried lowering mine by loosening the clamp and letting it down. It makes it a lot harder to do turns in parking lots because your fingers don't fit between the bar and the tank anymore. :D

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, I don't see it giving a lot of turning radius, but if anyone is in the SF Bay Area and wants to try it real quick, I have mine sitting in the garage.

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
Turning the bars just wont work as all the angles will be wrong BUT

u can buy bars in any shape u want from renthal etc

26 years ago i fitted drop down bars to my cb250n superdream,,, god was it kool:cheer:

flat bars are popular now with streetfighter types

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd agree with the masses. It will limit turning BUT, if you use high speed in your riding as the norm, then it will not matter about the radius, only how fast you can push down on the bar to make the corner!