Ride with the "1st wednesday in the month" group

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride yesterday with a group from the "motor rijden met elkaar" (riding together) website. On this website you can advertise a ride and people who want to join can simply sign up.
I've been helping a mate of mine organising these rides, but unfortunately due to his work and health I've been organising it the last 3 times.
yesterday we rode a bit of the westfrieseringdijk from Alkmaar to Hoorn and then on to Enkhuizen en Medemblik. We set off at 19:00 and finished about 10:20, we stopped off in Enkhuizen for a coffee, and again at the macdonalds in Hoorn at the end. Here are a few pics:

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a "first Wednesday of the month" ride yesterday evening, lot's of Dike roads and even a couple of castle remains:

Castle Nuwendoorn: After extensive excavasions these foundations has been built up again using modern materials, and the scafolding tower has been built with the same dimensions of the main castle tower:

67ffd112-cd5a-4a60-824a-ab7de831c1ed_Nuwendoorn_460.JPG

Castle Schagen: renovated castle in the middle of Schagen.

nhl_kasteel-5094.jpg

It was a group of 11 people and as always we rode for about 2 hours, and then after a ride back down the coast we stopped at Schoorl for a drink and to say farewell.

10443456_658995787510283_4718345268949209115_n.jpg

We had a great ride and great weather as well :thumbup:

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cloggy, it is just so cool to see all those modern machines parked with a backdrop of castles and stone courtyards. We don't get much of that here in southern California. I hope your friend's health gets better so he can join in too!!

I hope this doesn't post up huge... but here is where I was yesterday. My BMW friend is a private corporate pilot and his "office" is the big jet just behind our bikes.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cloggy, it is just so cool to see all those modern machines parked with a backdrop of castles and stone courtyards. We don't get much of that here in southern California. I hope your friend's health gets better so he can join in too!!

I hope this doesn't post up huge... but here is where I was yesterday. My BMW friend is a private corporate pilot and his "office" is the big jet just behind our bikes.

That's a cool pic Jen, it would make me want to do a doughnut on that shiny floor ;) :spank: My mate is pretty much back to health but I plan the route and post it on the site, I'm also lead rider and my mate is rear marker. I've also been on several longer rides organized by others on the site.