Rode through a flood. Have I killed my engine?

Thanks for all the advice guys. It was amazingly helpful. Took the airbox etc off again today and fixed it! It was two of the four hoses marked 2 and 28 posted by finalimpact that have block offs on the end. They had holes in them so large they were nearly worn all the way through. This was near to the throttle bodies because of the way they bend and I assume this just was made a bit worse each time the airbox has been squashed down on top of them over the years. I just put an inch of tube with the block offs on each one and will monitor them.

I also put on a stock airbox cover that I received from eBay as the airbox mod I did ages ago has got a bit loud for me now. I also checked one of the Spark plugs by removing the battery holder and it was fine. Because of the fairing, just dropping the radiator down a bit doesn't give enough space.

Thanks again!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. It was amazingly helpful. Took the airbox etc off again today and fixed it! It was two of the four hoses marked 2 and 28 posted by finalimpact that have block offs on the end. They had holes in them so large they were nearly worn all the way through. This was near to the throttle bodies because of the way they bend and I assume this just was made a bit worse each time the airbox has been squashed down on top of them over the years. I just put an inch of tube with the block offs on each one and will monitor them.

I also put on a stock airbox cover that I received from eBay as the airbox mod I did ages ago has got a bit loud for me now. I also checked one of the Spark plugs by removing the battery holder and it was fine. Because of the fairing, just dropping the radiator down a bit doesn't give enough space.

Thanks again!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I never saw this till now but was wondering what happened! So I would guess you had to readjust the idle speed after finding the air leaks!?!

Good Job! Glad you dug in and found the cause! Thanks for posting a follow up! :thumbup::thumbup:

I never saw this till now but was wondering what happened! So I would guess you had to readjust the idle speed after finding the air leaks!?!

Good Job! Glad you dug in and found the cause! Thanks for posting a follow up! :thumbup::thumbup:
Yup. I shortened the four knackered tubes and recapped them. Then I got the engine up to temperature and used the idle screw to set it back to where it used to be. It's had no issues at all since. Thanks again guys.

Back