Rubber piece above speedometer?

z2345

Reaction score
Visit site
So the rubber piece that fills the gap between the front cowl and the speedometer housing wiggled loose and fell off during a ride. Now, every so often, the bike whistles at speed because the piece is missing. I'm looking to replace it, but I can't find it on any of the OEM parts charts. Any information?

Thanks!

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I've used some single sided sticky tape sponge stuff, you use it for doors?

No idea what it's called.

But small strips of that all over the plastics area works well for all the vibrations and stuff. Used around speedo housing too.

I can't think of a specific piece of plastic that was there though?

GkS

Reaction score
Visit site
Same thing happened to me....couldn't find the OEM part, so I replaced it with some rubber, the same that they put in car doors to prevent them from hitting the pavements when they open...

If somebody knows what's the name of the OEM thing though, would be good to know, better if we knew where to find it...

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Mine decided to liberate itself a little while ago too... I replaced it some racing screen trim. Had some left over from fitting my Puig, you can pick it up in most motorcycle stores by the roll, in a rainbow of colours!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Give me your address and I will toss one off my 2007 in the mail - free!

Is this it?

fz4dodad.JPG

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's an alternative option: Mine flew off a couple of years ago and I didn't bother replacing it. Bike seems to run just fine without it.
I agree. This type of replacement item is back, very back burner. Mine's off too---it just pisses me off that I didn't pay enough attention to it while adjusting my GPS wire routing. I think it's mostly--or even all---cosmetic and designed to fill in the small gap