Saddlebags that Don't Suck

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey- so I'm planning a little roadtrip for this spring & need some bags for it. The Cortech/Tourmaster ones I had broke after a few uses (like all Cortech/TM products I've ever owned), so I'm in the market for a new set.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for a soft set, and trying not to go over $200 or so.

What do you use on your Fz6?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you just super rough on your gear?

I've had these since 2007, use them quite frequent and have had them loaded down with around 30 lbs each before, even low sided on them once and barely a scuff!

Cortech_Sport_Saddlebags.jpg

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you just super rough on your gear?

I've had these since 2007, use them quite frequent and have had them loaded down with around 30 lbs each before, even low sided on them once and barely a scuff!

Cortech_Sport_Saddlebags.jpg

Nope- second time using them I took them off my bike, went to carry them by their handle, and it ripped right off. Had a backpack of theirs too- by the end of its first season it was coming apart at the seams....I will say, they are very good about issuing refunds though!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
best soft cases are the SW Motech Blaze bags. they have support arms so the bags dont move around. no tying involved and i have it on good authority that they can handle speeds way north of 100mph :spank: (a close friend *cough*cough*) but they are $320 now (l paid like $250 for mine though)

you just need to either put loctite on the bolts or get some stainless bolts and locking washers for the receivers for the arms.

*also they are only available for the S2 fazer (different rear pegs)

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Nelson Rigg Solar SLR-30----170.99 at MCSS
Nelson-Rigg Solar SLR-30 Touring Saddlebags - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
2009_Nelson-Rigg_Touring_Saddle_Bag.jpg

These work good as long as you don't have a Vance and Hines blowing on it like on mine :spank:

If you don't care for the solar panels the CL series is basically the SL without the panels...Nice cheap soft bags :thumbup:

Sold Out! But I'll keep an eye out for more.

Have you looked into these: MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Saddlebags - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

"All MotoCentric motorcycle luggage comes with a Lifetime Warranty"

I have these, and the tank bag. Excellent quality here :thumbup:

These look pretty solid too, thanks. Gonna see if I can find them on Bike Bandit (credits on my account there)

*also they are only available for the S2 fazer (different rear pegs)

S2? Is that post '06 or whatever? Pretty new here...bought my Fz last year and only rode it twice before I put it away. She doesn't even have a name yet...:(

take a look at ogio saddle bags < $200.. im about to get them:thumbup:

Let me know how they work! You'll probably have em before me.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope- second time using them I took them off my bike, went to carry them by their handle, and it ripped right off. Had a backpack of theirs too- by the end of its first season it was coming apart at the seams....I will say, they are very good about issuing refunds though!

That's really odd. I've used the Cortech sport tail and saddle bags since 2006 on virtually a daily basis with not a single issue. Still using the tail daily for my commute to work.