saddlebags/ trunk for fz6

effingham brian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to both motorcycling and the FZ6 which is my first bike ! Having a blast riding it. I have put on 900 miles in 2 wks. I was just looking for input on what kind of saddlebags/trunk will work on the FZ6. The Yamaha dealer by me basically suggested bungie net and duffle bag (admittedly works) but I was looking for saddlebags or other options that will work. thanks for the help. I have the "standard" FZ6 not the "R" version
Brian

effingham brian

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for posting the reply to bmccrary's link's luggage options. I like the axio tailbag a lot. will probably order one. I figured this is a topic that's been discussed a lot and I greatly appreciate other members' input.

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a Givi Monokey top case on back. It can hold two helmets, or a weekend bag. Plus it gives my passenger something to lean back on. It was expensive, but I get a lot of use out of it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, don't forget you can the search tab. Just type in some keywords and you will most likely get what you're looking for.

This amount of information stored on this forum is getting huge. It's become the google of the FZ. When it comes to accessorizing your FZ, just about every brand has been reviewed.

If you have the patience, some sort of luggage might come up for sale at a reasonable price. I got lucky last month and got me some nice Yamaha side and tail luggage

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I would always choose hard luggage mainly for the security aspect. When we park up we can get most of our riding gear into the boxes so we can walk around in shorts, t-shirts and trainers. We wire our jackets and helmets to the bike.

We can also get all the boxes off in under 30 seconds

Steve

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really difficult to go wrong with any type of saddlecases for our pony, whether soft of hard it will work. The question really is how much are you willing to fork over. I opted for hard cases for security reasons, soft cases can be cut open while your away from your ride even for a short while. Plus they are naturally waterproof compared to soft cases (even with waterproof covers).
So many brands and models to choose. Good Luck with your choice.