Saturday April 14th. Long Island ->> Connecticut Ride

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is short notice, but Me, SD Willie and another rider here from Long Island are looking to do some riding in CT this Saturday, April 14th

We will meet mid nassau county (Hicksville, NY) at 9:30am.

Just opening it up to any NY and/or CT riders who want join us for this ride.

Also if any CT riders can suggest good roads in southern/central CT, that would be great.

Details so far

Date: Saturday April 14th
Time: 9:30a
Meet: Mobil station, Hicksville, NY
How to get there: Long Island Expressway to exit 42 South. Go approximately 1/2 mile. Gas station on left

There is a diner and bagel joint right there if needing breakfast.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I won't be able to join you, unfortunately. Look into route 53 and route 58 out of Fairfield, heading toward Danbury. and if you have time, up the route 7, especially the section between New Milford and Kent - we went there last week and it seemed to have created some fans.

Also, route 37 - never been there, but heard recommendations

Good luck!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Smersh, seems like a good route up rt 58 then onto 7 and it isn't a ton of miles so I think it would work well.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How r u guys getting up to ct? R u takin the ferry to bridgeport or hitting the highways ?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
How r u guys getting up to ct? R u takin the ferry to bridgeport or hitting the highways ?

Definitely not a fan of the ferry especially since its a rip off and defeats the purpose of going the long way so we will be going west for sure. :thumbup:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey if any of you guys want to join us we have a new meeting place since alot of us are from points west.

Meeting right off the Cross Island Parkway at Little Bay Park which is right off the CIP Northbound Bell Boulevard exit.

You would get off the Cross Island Parkway Northbound exit for Bell Boulevard. There is no southbound exit, only northbound side. This is the last exit right before the Throgs Neck Bridge Exit.

Smersh was recommending routes 58 and 7. So I thought we could head up on the Merrit Parkway and pickup route 58 and that leads into 7 up to Kent. Never been up that way so I wouldn't be opposed to finding new roads once we get there.

See attached photo for meetup point
Time is still 9:30am

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Smersh: You DA man!! Awesome route you suggested!!

I didn't take many photos but here are a few.

Looking forward to seeing some video

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
wish I saw this before, I did go out on a nice ride on sat, upstate and north NJ.
Would it be great to meet you and of curse, the ride.

Weather was awesome, We did a 260 miles, Let's plan something with little more time so more people from around can join.