Seat choices.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm contemplating upgrading my seat. The choices are Corbin, Top Saddlery, some guy in California who rebuilds existing FZ6 seat, or Yamaha gel comfort seat. What's your experiences with these? A little help with the rebuild seat option. Tried search but had no luck because I don't know who or the company name! :Im With Stupid:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I had a Yamaha comfort seat and it wasn't much better then stock. I bought a Corbin and love it, seems to get even better with age. I think the Top Saddlery looks great and have heard great things about seat customizers.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get a thank you.

saddrapertransparent.png

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I sent mine to Spencer for modification and then bought a Corbin from eBay. The Spencer mod was much better than stock, but the Corbin is better than the Spencer mod.

Since I live in Texas and the summers here can get just a little hot (113 degrees was the hottest intake temp I saw last summer) I used to have an issue with the heat from the exhaust cooking my nether regions in the summer. The case used by Corbin is much more substantial than the stock one so that issue has gone.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Here was mine from TS. I loved it. I could ride 500 without seat discomfort.

I would get another one without hesitation

How did you decide what materials to put on each part of the seat? is there the right amount of grip/slip with that material? does it shed water or will it absorb water and get your butt wet after dew or rain? how well did the blue match your bike (what year bike)?

I really want a TS but am a little overwhelmed with all the options.

Do you still have the seat, and if so are you willing to sell it?

Thanks.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my TS seat. No question one of the best investments I have made to my FZ6. Long rides quite comfortable. A-1 rating. You go to there web site and basicly build your own seat. It's really not that bad. They also have pre made ones you can buy for a little cheaper than special ordering one. Top notch and must have. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a TS seat on the FZ6 & on the FZ1.....great seats & very good looking. I got the FZ1 seat out of their bargain bin ($342) and it only took 10 days from order to my door. And as far as gel options go....just be aware that they tend to hold heat really well, so unless you cover it with your jacket or such, your boys could get quite toasty (according to my husband) ;)
On the 6 (red) and the 1:

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant speak for the other options, but I'd rather sit on a 2x6 loaded with a hundred 8 penny nails then get the Yamaha Gel Seat again:spank: