Seat Cowl Question

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Hi all,

I've agonised over buying a cowl or a more comfortable seat.

Having finally made the decision (cowl), I've lost the bookmark (in a nightmare computer crash) of the company in the UK that I was quite impressed with.

They bought the cowls in (from Spain I think) and painted them in body colours based on the chassis and model number - I want it in silver.

Unfortunately, no amount of googling on the intermong or searches on this site today has revealed the company. It was only a couple of weeks ago that I found them too...

Does anybody know what the hell I am talking about? :D

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Thanks for your help guys... :thumbup:

fz6joker - it wasn't Ermax. :(

Kriswithak - I'm fairly sure it was the TCP cowl that I saw... But I can't find the site that had it and offered to look up the colours from the frame number etc. You know how it is when you feel comfortable with a web site and want to buy from them...?

I'm based in Cyprus and getting things here can be quite difficult - I don't want to get the cowl and find it is the wrong colour...

Sorry to be a pain..

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
I found it!

I had to re-build my hard drive and uncover the old bookmarks... I hadn't found them before because firefox 3.0 stores its bookmarks in a .JSON file rather than a HTML file... I guess something good came out of this eh? :D

Anyhoo... the company that I'd been looking at for the TCP was Cissbury Retail.

Hopefully this will assist somebody else too... :thumbup:

BTW my mods so far...

1. Remove ghastly Yamaha stickers
2. Remove rear rests
3. R & G frame and fork protectors
4. R & G Tail tidy
5. BD43 headlamp mod
6. Philips BlueVision headlamp bulbs

On order

7. LeoVince slip ons and Arrow cat eliminator
8. Swing arm protectors - I gave up looking for them on the R & G site in the end and bought from ebay.

The only part I wouldn't reccomend is the R & G tail tidy - I added it to the order when I got my sliders but it isn't that much smaller than stock - I'm going to have to cut it down when I get a smaller numberplate.

Thanks for everybody trying to help me with the cowl.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Guys, thanks for your help...

I found the supplier and did a long post on it this morning.

However, I got a message saying it had to be approved by a moderator? :confused:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm they probably like to keep an eye on what people get advertisement on the forums, since some people support the site or pay for that kind of exposure, glad to hear you found it though!