Seat mod for tall riders

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam and I'm wondering if any other taller riders have modified their stock seat for a more comfortable shape and possibly a little more height? I've had my FZ6 for almost a year now and have put 10,000 mi on it, so I've certainly made do with the stock seat. And I am not interested in dropping hundreds of dollars on a TS seat. They look great, but I'm a cheap bastard. I searched the forum for mods to increase seat height and didn't see any relevant threads.

My idea is similar to having my seat shaved. I'm thinking of checking out some local vendors who could remove the cover and add some additional foam at the front of the seat. My goal would be to reduce the slope so my boys aren't pushing up against the tank, and possibly even add an inch or two to the seat. I don't necessarily need to make it taller, but it would be welcome, and I certainly don't want to carve it and end up with a lower seat height. Before doing that, I wanted to check if any of you had tried something similar and had any success of failure. Any tips, or advice as to how to improve the seat's shape would be appreciated. Thanks!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on a business trip right now, when I get home I'll post a link to some replacement footpegs that lower your feet 1"; it's amazing what one extra inch will do...
Ahem.
As far as raising the seat, I'm anxious to see any replies myself (I'm 6'5"). On long trips I'll often slide backwards and sit on the pillion station for a couple miles, nice way to stretch your legs. :thumbup:

coreride

Reaction score
Visit site
the brake and shift levers will need to be adjusted down. I have not had any issues after adjusting things. I have not dragged the pegs since i have had them on I would say that if you drag the peg feelers on the stock pegs you may touch these down one in awhile also but nothing worse then that.