Shinko Verge 011 rear tire

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I had fairly new Shinko Vergo 011 tires on my bike when I bought it. I found a screw in the center of the tread in the rear tire (180/55ZR17) about a month later. I bought a new tire for the rear, but I never added air and didn't see anything in the inside of the old tire when I patched it, but I patched it just the same to be safe. I had the intention of putting this tire back on my bike when the tire I bought to replace it wore out. That happened a couple weeks ago, but the guy at the motorcycle place scared the sh!t out of my wife about having a patched tire on a motorcycle.

Long story short, this tire will never see my bike again. If anyone wants it it's theirs. I live in Lawrenceville Ga and really don't want to ship it, so if you want it and your local come get it. If no one want's it, next time I drive my cage to work I'm gonna throw it with the other tires for the tire recycler to get.

I know there are a lot of people who don't like the idea of a patched tire, but I have also seen may posts where people tell others not to worry about the patch, it'll last the life of the tire. My wife said "it ain't going on that bike", so that's where I'm gonna leave it. I know I won't have a patched tire on my bike, but that's mainly due to my lovely wife.

I can take pictures if anyone wants one. It looks almost new, prolly about 1500 miles on it. I got 10,000 out of the set I just replaced.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you still running the 011's? I'm still in love with the 009s but hey you know I have a tire changer at my house and a static balancer. Next time around if you want ship the tires to my house and ride on over. I've gotten pretty good and got it down to about 30min from breaking the first bolt to torqueing the last one down

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
just called my friend who is a forum member here. his aunt lives in your town, hes gonna call her after work and ask her if she can pick it up from you if thats ok. hes gonna message you after he talks to her. :thumbup:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Are you still running the 011's? I'm still in love with the 009s but hey you know I have a tire changer at my house and a static balancer. Next time around if you want ship the tires to my house and ride on over. I've gotten pretty good and got it down to about 30min from breaking the first bolt to torqueing the last one down

Well hell, that's what I'll do next time. This place down the street from me only charges about $23 per tire (including $2 disposal fee), which is a lot better then most shops around here. Yes, I love the 011's, just replaced them with a fresh set last month :)

cameronhall said:
just called my friend who is a forum member here. his aunt lives in your town, hes gonna call her after work and ask her if she can pick it up from you if thats ok. hes gonna message you after he talks to her.

Sounds good man, just let me know.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Bump - probably gonna drive Friday as it's suppose to be 103*F. If I do, the tire will be in Tucker until the tire recycle guys come by the shop. If anyone wants it, let me know by Friday.

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I need a front tire so bad it's not funny and here's a FREE rear, only 1500 miles away! Aint that life for ya! Finding a real job when your over 60 sucks. To the Big Dog. Thanks for letting me sing the Blues,,,Rich

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry for the delay my freind had his "hamster jump off the wheel" and has decided to blow off the idea. he'd rather spend $200+ on a new tire then follow through on a simple task and get one for free. If my aunt lived in your town and was come to va to visit you would have met her by now. sorry if ive caused you any inconvenience.