Shopping Tomorrow...today...Saturday

That's a really nice bike you've got there! Congratulations!:cheer:

Regarding exhaust, just look at the Two Bros where the pipe enters the can.. It's way too square-looking imo:
2006_yama_fz1_side_web.jpg

A pipe I personally like a lot for this bike is the Akrapovic cf. I also believe the quality of the Akra is a lot higher than that of the Two Bros. Anyways, check it out:
DSCF0007.JPG

94f643d8241cf80978fd705f9fb2a98b.jpg

Just thought I'd offer another opinion.. :) Enjoy your new bike!

That's a really nice bike you've got there! Congratulations!:cheer:

Regarding exhaust, just look at the Two Bros where the pipe enters the can.. It's way too square-looking imo:
2006_yama_fz1_side_web.jpg

A pipe I personally like a lot for this bike is the Akrapovic cf. I also believe the quality of the Akra is a lot higher than that of the Two Bros. Anyways, check it out:
DSCF0007.JPG

94f643d8241cf80978fd705f9fb2a98b.jpg

Just thought I'd offer another opinion.. :) Enjoy your new bike!

This is a beautiful exhaust system you share with us, Mikey and me were drooling over the Akropovic the other night.....and the best bit it add.s 9.7hp to the bike, but it is bloody expensive....

My business partner, Gazza, has a full Akropovic Titanium system, with Carbon can...and it is to die for!

Is also $3500 in Australia!

:eek:

Yikes! That's friggin insane! But that's for the full system right? Just the slip-on should be less than half of that.. Is there no way of getting it cheaper from the US or something? Maybe someone can have it shipped over for you guys?

Yikes! That's friggin insane! But that's for the full system right? Just the slip-on should be less than half of that.. Is there no way of getting it cheaper from the US or something? Maybe someone can have it shipped over for you guys?

Priced the Akra slip-on for my XJR Chris and that was $1499 :eek: , i told them i only wanted the slip-on not half of the company :D

Yeah, that was the full titanium system.....the slip on is a lot cheaper, especially if you buy it from the USA, and at the moment, our Aussie dollar is trading at 90c US, which makes buying from the USA, and getting them shipped here a very attractive proposition, as the USA off the shelf price is a lot better than the off the shelf price in Australia to start with.

Phew...that was a mouthful!

:thumbup:

I couldn't agree more, Chris. The Akra is top notch.....unfortunately in Aus that equates to around 1200 bucks if I remember right, and the TB's is less than half of that.

I reckon I'm pretty much decided. But for now, I'm happy enough to be bonding with my Animal:rockon::rockon::rockon:.

These tires let go way too easily, and they are badly squared off. I can't get Pilot Power 2CT's any time soon (Michelin is p1$$ing a lot of people off:() So I think I'll get some Super Corsa's.:thumbup:

I couldn't agree more, Chris. The Akra is top notch.....unfortunately in Aus that equates to around 1200 bucks if I remember right, and the TB's is less than half of that.

I reckon I'm pretty much decided. But for now, I'm happy enough to be bonding with my Animal:rockon::rockon::rockon:.

These tires let go way too easily, and they are badly squared off. I can't get Pilot Power 2CT's any time soon (Michelin is p1$$ing a lot of people off:() So I think I'll get some Super Corsa's.:thumbup:

Conti Race attack! :rockon:

Priced the Akra slip-on for my XJR Chris and that was $1499 :eek: , i told them i only wanted the slip-on not half of the company :D

Lol.. If that's the price for half of their company I would probably buy it tomorrow!

Yeah, that was the full titanium system.....the slip on is a lot cheaper, especially if you buy it from the USA, and at the moment, our Aussie dollar is trading at 90c US, which makes buying from the USA, and getting them shipped here a very attractive proposition, as the USA off the shelf price is a lot better than the off the shelf price in Australia to start with.

Phew...that was a mouthful!

:thumbup:
:BLAA:

I totally get that you don't want to spend 1200$ on a slip-on. That's just ridiculous! However it wouldn't hurt to see how much you could get it down to by going through a US shop or something..:) I reckon it would be worth the extra effort.

Stopped in today for a chat with my tire service provider, and told him what I wanted. Something that'll last better than 300km and hang on better than a PPower 1ct. I rode out with some Battleaxe 020's on.

Boom-tish!....OK, so I'm not fooling anyone. I did get Bridgestones however.

015's. They felt nice scrubbing in on the way home, and felt very safe getting on the gas outta the bends (could really hammer it). If I didn't have the flu I'd still be riding now...lol.:D

Raspy i'll give you but i've heard TB's in the raw and been told by 3 people following me and the TB bike in question that my single Scorp is louder and more dominant sounding but you are right , TB's are raspy where as the Scorps are deep and throaty :eek: :D :Flip: :rockon: Scorpion , scorpion , scorpion :rof:
I'm with you - SCORPIONS ROCK........

Seems all FZ6ers who got the 1 got rained on the day they picked them :D
The Animal has arrived home.....and it is an animal....lol.

:BLAA::cheer::rockon::thumbup::D:wav::steve::bow::drool::BLAA:

In case you hadn't figured it out, I'm going internally berserk.

Black 06 FZ1 6,500km, and it's all mine...muhuhuhuhahahah!

Of course it just happened to be the worst day of a particularly wet and horrible year today and I got rained on....got some cleaning to do before I post pics...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Well the advice I took from my tire service provider (who's been racing stuff since he was a kid and selling and fitting tires for some 30+ years was sound yet again.

Bridgestone BT015's are very sticky. Ball up nicely, and have a sweet shape.

I don't think I'll get as much life from them of course but the life they have will be ever so groovy. And they were only 430 bucks....lol....Life is good:thumbup:.

Well the advice I took from my tire service provider (who's been racing stuff since he was a kid and selling and fitting tires for some 30+ years was sound yet again.

Bridgestone BT015's are very sticky. Ball up nicely, and have a sweet shape.

I don't think I'll get as much life from them of course but the life they have will be ever so groovy. And they were only 430 bucks....lol....Life is good:thumbup:.

that is dirt cheap, and they seem to be the business...and at least they are available without a waiting period, unlike michelins, which it seems, are getting harder and harder to get a hold of in Oz!

Back