Show us your bum!!! (exhaust pipes)

Can I kick it \"old skool\", YZF 600R style...

gradiant.jpg

Cool!...my first bike.:Flash:

watermark.php

My beloved M-4's, bought as part of this website's group buy, peeking out from under my Barcalounger.

Hey, you folks who bought the M-4's: several of you had expressed disappointment that the connecting pipe, supplied with the cans, wasn't a "Y" shape but rather was one straight tube with the other muffler mount tube coming off at a 90-degree angle and then bending back. I noticed that the "straight tube" portion actually had a restricted exit compared to the other, thought that would actually balance out the flow between the two.

Well, this morning at 6 a.m. I started up my bike, it was 30 degrees out, and I could see the exhaust very clearly as you can with a car or your breath (you Vegas, LA, Texas, Aussie, Italian and Florida types will just have to take my word ;) ). Almost all of the exhaust was coming out of the "straight pipe" can! I didn't think to goose the throttle to see if it evened out at higher rpm, but since my next-door neighbor is a cop I think I'll wait until a more opportune time to find out. Interesting...

Last edited:
watermark.php

My beloved M-4's, bought as part of this website's group buy, peeking out from under my Barcalounger.

Hey, you folks who bought the M-4's: several of you had expressed disappointment that the connecting pipe, supplied with the cans, wasn't a \"Y\" shape but rather was one straight tube with the other muffler mount tube coming off at a 90-degree angle and then bending back. I noticed that the \"straight tube\" portion actually had a restricted exit compared to the other, thought that would actually balance out the flow between the two.

Well, this morning at 6 a.m. I started up my bike, it was 30 degrees out, and I could see the exhaust very clearly as you can with a car or your breath (you Vegas, LA, Texas and Florida types will just have to take my word ;) ). Almost all of the exhaust was coming out of the \"straight pipe\" can! I didn't think to goose the throttle to see if it evened out at higher rpm, but since my next-door neighbor is a cop I think I'll wait until a more opportune time to find out. Interesting...

Those all carbon cans look awesome... :drool:

I still have plans for my customized exhaust over the winter here and I hope it comes out good enough that I can revive this thread in the Spring.

And yes, once done, I'll post pics no matter the outcome so you can either let me know they are "AWESOME!" or "ABORTION!" :D

Still, if I had to buy them, the M4 CF is my favorite for looks.

Those that have CF (real not the fake finish!) cans, any problems with the finish popping off? It is common with the CF helmets especially with any small bump. The clear finish has a habit of separating from the CF matting. Feedback anyone? Pics if they DID pop? Thanks!!

Ive been stewing over doing pipes for ages, money is burning a hole in my pocket and the missus is trying to spend it for me.
The only sound i like is the Leo's im looking at having them modified if possible so they dont stick out the back as far. I want the tip of the exhaust to stop just before the tip of the tail light to hide them a bit. Does anyone know if this is possible? Ive asked a couple of people in the know and they said id have to get them and strip the back of the bike down first. Anyone got any other options for me? Im starting to look at custom made to suit what i want but id imagine thats going to be pricey. Guess i will keep stewing for now and see how i go. Hey maybe ill have some pics of some custom pipes soon.

Stealth

I've been playing around with new cam this weekend and snapped a quick one of my Scorps.

Last edited:
Back