SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
speaks volumes doesnt it?

helmet.jpg

H

HavBlue

Then again all depends how you hit the ground! You can go down and not even hit your head...

Hey, I know that one and still wear my half shells. Then again, they aren't skull caps. Soldier, you do realize a skull cap is a novelty helmet or beanie right?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fascinating. I'm assuming the differences between left and right, while moving just slightly up or down the helmet, is simply due to a small sample size.

My feelings about full-face helmets were drilled in during my first MSF classroom session. During the "introduction" portion, one guy had trouble speaking; his jaw was wired shut, having been broken a couple weeks earlier when he took his brand new HD around the block.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I know that one and still wear my half shells. Then again, they aren't skull caps. Soldier, you do realize a skull cap is a novelty helmet or beanie right?

ya, theyre pretty much useless those skull caps

this one makes the case for full-face helmets:

1accident153.jpg

Little Red

Opinionated Road User
Reaction score
Visit site
Safety-consciousness and general well-preparedness is part of what goes into our responses, of course... But I find -- don't you? -- that when I pass another biker who's wearing some joke of a helmet, my esteem for them diminishes instantly.

Yeah, you CAN go down without hitting your head, but you can't RELY on it.
Check out the Hurt report:
"The Hurt Report"
"... no anticipation of accident involvement." Yeah, Polyanna, we all wish the world worked that way.

Plus, the more bugs hit me, the gladder I am to have that face shield!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if ur thinking about bugs i wish there was a helmet that covered your neck as well.

wasps and bees into the neck at 110 kph = ouch