Snuck her bike out today to test my heated jacket

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my first ride for 2014, the weather has been horrible here so I took this semi-nice day to try out my sedici heated jacket (works great) and to start getting the bikes ready for spring. we have stupid snow on the way here sunday again though :(

sorry about the crappy cell phone pics

1969353_687898474586541_982702457_n.jpg

1966667_687898637919858_1005059797_n.jpg

Nice guard dog at the steps lol

1969379_687898551253200_1545963669_n.jpg

Ran into a Russian Ural at the light house

1911913_687898587919863_1620516481_n.jpg

1912101_687898721253183_2021588283_n.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics as always! And I too love my Sedici heated jacket (at 26 degrees, I was still comfy on Max setting).

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, no not yet. this was the first time i had ever used any and i am hooked now. she got a new jacket for MY birthday then I got the heated liner for Christmas.

Icon_HellaHeartbreakerBlackfull.jpg

I am going to get her heated grips in the fall, have you guys used them before?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, no not yet. this was the first time i had ever used any and i am hooked now. she got a new jacket for MY birthday then I got the heated liner for Christmas.

Icon_HellaHeartbreakerBlackfull.jpg

I am going to get her heated grips in the fall, have you guys used them before?

I've tried heated grips on several bikes (FJR, BMW K-bike..). They work very well, to a point. They only keep your palms warm. I much prefer heated gloves.. bulky, but so very toasty.

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet the dog was passenger in sidecar.My Dad had a couple of Harleys with sidecar. He used to take one of his Saint Bernards for rides.If the ride wasn't long enough the dog wouldn't get out!He'd sit in it for a hour or more.And don't even think about trying to get him out,He'd show you his teeth! Thanks for stirring up that memory! Dads been on the long ride for 8 years now.He had many interesting life experiences.Picture Italy during WWII,the Alps,German BMW with sidecar & machine guns!He took the guns and sidecar off but didn't have proper metric fittings to cap off the brake-line to hack.Just folded line over and hammered flat a couple of times.Needless to say he was going downhill and coming to a right-hand curve,no gaurd rails, when he ran out of brake fluid! He had to lay it down so he wouldn't go over a cliff!Leg got hung-up under bike,Ouch!No Purple Heart for that.Bike was still good to ride,until a Major wanted it(Officers could ship stuff home)Dad was just a Technical Sargent.Major ordered him to give it to him so Dad did,after he took the jugs off with a sledgehammer!Please forgive this rambling of mine,I know it's off thread,but when my memory works I don't know when to shut up.:rockon: Rich

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice pictures!!

+1 on the gloves besides the vest/jacket.

My Widder vest-(goes on under your jacket, over a t-shirt-with variable controller) has gauntlet gloves that plug into the vest (at the shoulders). The gloves make a big difference, especially when on the road for any lenth of time.

BTW, (not necessesarily applicable to your bike), but for anyone running heated gear on an FZ6, once under approx 4k RPM (slowing/stopping for traffic), I turn OFF the gear off for charging / battery concerns.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've tried heated grips on several bikes (FJR, BMW K-bike..). They work very well, to a point. They only keep your palms warm. I much prefer heated gloves.. bulky, but so very toasty.

Heated gloves work great for keeping the top of your fingers and hands warm, but not the palm of your hands. So if you can combine it with heated grips, it makes for a perfect match. Unfortunately my bike can't take the additional wattage since I'm already running a heated jacket so I have to resort to using mittens. Not too bad, takes awhile getting use to putting your hands inside of something and makes it inconvenient to pull them out to wave, so no waving while the mittens are on. Not like there a lot of motorcycles riding during the winter months anyways.

Mrphotoman, that is so wrong you enjoying your nice warm ride while your girlfriend is chilling. LOL...

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heated gloves work great for keeping the top of your fingers and hands warm, but not the palm of your hands. So if you can combine it with heated grips, it makes for a perfect match. Unfortunately my bike can't take the additional wattage since I'm already running a heated jacket so I have to resort to using mittens. Not too bad, takes awhile getting use to putting your hands inside of something and makes it inconvenient to pull them out to wave, so no waving while the mittens are on. Not like there a lot of motorcycles riding during the winter months anyways.

Mrphotoman, that is so wrong you enjoying your nice warm ride while your girlfriend is chilling. LOL...

Interesting.. my palms never felt cold, but there's a good chance I didn't push my gear as far as you have. Coldest test was 30 minutes at 26 degrees (15 minutes at 75).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting.. my palms never felt cold, but there's a good chance I didn't push my gear as far as you have. Coldest test was 30 minutes at 26 degrees (15 minutes at 75).

Same for me..

That was an 8 hour ride, mid 30's (F), 75-80 MPH interstate on my FJR (no heated grips). That was was the gear set at maybe 75%..

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My temps when riding are usually in the single digits or into the teens. But the speeds are much less, below 55mph confined to surface streets.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know Widder went out of business. I suspect there's other companies out there with vests vs full jackets.

Perhaps their vests, (fairly thin BTW), (under a full jacket, taught against a t-shirt) pulls less current than a fully heated, much larger jacket. There isn't a separate controller with the gloves, they adjust up and down with the vest. Turning it on on full, on a cold day, will get you flat hot in 20-30 seconds..

The temps I posted were a road trip during a very cold spell. Teen's, if I'm near a cage, the bike gets a break (me too). ;)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know Widder went out of business. I suspect there's other companies out there with vests vs full jackets.

Perhaps their vests, (fairly thin BTW), (under a full jacket, taught against a t-shirt) pulls less current than a fully heated, much larger jacket. There isn't a separate controller with the gloves, they adjust up and down with the vest. Turning it on on full, on a cold day, will get you flat hot in 20-30 seconds..

The temps I posted were a road trip during a very cold spell. Teen's, if I'm near a cage, the bike gets a break (me too). ;)

My Sedici jacket has a controller with 4 settings. The Sedici gloves which plug into the jacket have their own controller built right into the top of the glove (so technically you can run different levels on right vs left).. gloves have 3 levels.

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
We don't get the temp extremes of you guys over here, but the odd 1 degree c days (I think thats around 35ish F) have forced my hand ( ;) ) into a pair of Five HG-1 gloves. Battery powered heat :D Couldn't be happier