soon to be fz6 owner

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
the bike was 10.4 but with onroads / gearsack insurance finance fees etc it was just on 11k after trading in my piece of previous piece of crap :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty bloody good i reckon. I paid $8000 plus insurance, rego, etc for mine. Which was a 2006 Reg, first registered in Jan 07, with 8000m's on the clock.

Question, does your bike come with a centre stand & rear hugger?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hugger is the rear mudguard and chain cover.
I paid $10 000 ride away for mine from Boltons. I looked at an orange naked at Yam world fo $11000 ride away then found this one with 5800 k's on it with luggage rack and fairing so took that instead.
The "s" models have a centre stand, I need that, Yam world wanted another $250 for one.

RickFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and good luck. It is a great bike and after you burn it in besure to take advantage of the full torque that arrives around 8K rpm. pick a good safe place to do this and you will have a blast. The bike really has two personalities and the high rpm one will expand your mind.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i guess i am lucky, cause my secondhand FZ6n came with a centre stand & hugger, and as has just been confirmed, the N model does not come with one standard.

Centre stands are very handy to have, re maintenance & cleaning.

One thing you do get with the newer fz6'S, is the much nicer looking swingarm, on my 06FZ6n, it is square, and rather boring, on the 07, 08 models it has a nicer more sculptured look....oh and the better front brakes, amongst other smaller changes.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicer dashboard too

Oh no, i like the round one, that sits off centre...i know the other type is more popular, but i just like the look of the round one, and with my Yamaha screen on my bike, there is a perfect spot left of the instrument panel, to mount my gps under the screen, with a bit of protection from the weather.

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
im not fussed too stoked atm to worry about the minor details anyway :)

i orginally had a yam XS 250 and a suzuki gs 850 then my wife came along and i got the "Me or the Bike!" command, took me 16 years to call her bluff (yes i know that must be some sort of record). upon fimnally realising she had no choice she wanted me to get something small and safe ie a scooter i finally convinced her that i would scoop out my eyes with a teaspoon before doing that and bought a little sachs 150 instead small enough and cheap enough to pacify her.

This turned out to be such a piece of **** that she herself suggested that i get something better lol couldnt of worked out better if i had planned it hehe.

so yea at this stage im happy with everything exceopt the ignition location directly under the clutch cable

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that ignition position really sucks a lot! wait till you have to deal with the seat locking mechanism, it's a ripper. :(

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My ignition and instruments sit dead centre on mine,but I know what you mean about the seat ,lol.
Hopefully next week I will have a nice blue gear position indicator sitting next to my gauges :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My ignition and instruments sit dead centre on mine,but I know what you mean about the seat ,lol.
Hopefully next week I will have a nice blue gear position indicator sitting next to my gauges :thumbup:

Now you have my attention, gear indicator....been looking for one of these!

Any info? Please. :Flash:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the useful info, just one question, how does it mount to your bike?

And what is involved in setting it up?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to splice into the wires at the ecu ,under the tank at the rear,the connections must be soldered.
There are some posts on here and SBN about how to do it .
I can show you after I do mine if you like.