Speedo Healer & Headlight Mod

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have come across threads discussing the speedo healer and headlight mods.

I just went +1 on my drive sprocket because I commute and hope this will give me some extra MPG. However, I figure that my speedo is driven off the RPM signal from the engine since it is electronic, unless there is a sensor on the output shaft for speed? (If anyone wants to get this technical, I'm all ears. I love knowing mechanical details.) Anyway, back to the point, since I changed the drive sprocket I know that I am going faster for the same engine RPM but that the speedo is showing the programed speed for that RPM. So my question is, what is this speedo healer, how does it work, and where do you get one and for how much? Or do the dealers do this recalibration?

On the headlight mod? I would like to do a mod where both lamps have a high and low beam and so they are both always illuminated? Where can I find information on how to do this and the parts necessary?

Thanks for any comments and information.

Lewis:thumbup:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant help with the speedo but read this entire thread on the headlight mod. It's extremely informative, especially Fred's contributions and I have employeed it for use on my bike:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...b-fit-into-h7-socket.html?highlight=headlight

Sorry I didn't say thank you sooner. I got distracted with rants on other threads.

Anyway it is an interesting read. I am thinking of doing the combo dual Hi-beam mode and the low beam mod like Biker Dude.

Anyway, thanks again for the links.