Squeaking brakes?

Personally, I find the EBC pads better than the OEM pads and I usually change them well before they really need it; I do not want to have to change them 4 months after I have done my annual service.

I have never had to get the rotors resurfaced or replaced in any of my motorcycles (this is my third) but I understand this may be necessary if you let the pads wear down badly (maybe there are some rivets or something as you get to zero pad thickness ?).

I only ride 6,000 miles a year.

My brakes squeek all the time at low speeds, to get rid of it a wash off all the brake dust. Seems to work for a week or so, depends on how much you ride.

My brakes squeek all the time at low speeds, to get rid of it a wash off all the brake dust. Seems to work for a week or so, depends on how much you ride.

My front brakes used to squeak when braking. You just gotta clean them every now and then. It's just a spray on you can buy at any automotive supplies store. Just spray it on, leave it and wipe it off and the squeaking is gone.

I actually bought one designed for motorbikes by Muc-Off like this that apparently "hydrates the discs" (what a load of crap). But it does the job and seeing as it said it was designed for bikes rather than the other one I found aimed at cars I thought it was a better buy.

My front brakes used to squeak when braking. You just gotta clean them every now and then. It's just a spray on you can buy at any automotive supplies store. Just spray it on, leave it and wipe it off and the squeaking is gone.

I actually bought one designed for motorbikes by Muc-Off like this that apparently "hydrates the discs" (what a load of crap). But it does the job and seeing as it said it was designed for bikes rather than the other one I found aimed at cars I thought it was a better buy.

Would an evaporative motor armature/bearing cleaner work for cleaning the disc plates/rotors:

Bearing Blaster 500ml Spray - Roundabout RC

It's just I have some of this lying around already, and this squeaking is doing my nut in, especially with all the filtering I do! :D

Squeaking CAN be a symptom of the front end not being quite straight. I had a squeak after I adjusted my fork height (since adjusted back to stock), so I loosened the top and bottom pinch bolts on both sides with the front end held in placec using a jack. Gave everything a wobble. Measured up to make sure the forks were even heights (used verniers) and re-tightened everything.

Then go down to the bottom and loosen the axle. If it gives a bit of a crack, the chances are it was not quite straight. Another tap and a wobble and nip it up again. It's always worked for me. No brake squeakage:thumbup:

My squeak only just appeared after I had a new front tyre fitted.

I can't see how the wheel could be out of alignment. I've never taken off the front wheel. I would imagine it is pretty hard to get it out of alignment, like push bike, when it's in and weight is on it before tightening up then it is straight and true.

Could I be wrong?

My front brakes also squeek. I use a can of compressed air to blow the brake dust out and I am good for a couple weeks. Only takes a couple seconds per brake.

Back