ST2 Self-Cancelling Indicators

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
That's great Chris! We have a member that's looking to get the low beam functioning with the H7 lamp for a naked conversion. I believe you're at the plug that has the switched low beam, green wire, where the bd43 kit snaps into. As you can see that green wire does not continue through the plug. I'll use your findings as an example.

Thanks for making me aware of this thread! The pictures are great for what I'm doing.

It is actually a H4 bulb, as H4 are dual filament for a low and high beam function in one housing, which a lot of cars use. H7 is just single filament. :) I believe H4 is the only bulb type of the 7 varieties that have the dual.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You would have a lot more room to work if you ditched the coils and went got the Coil Over Plug mod :)

Tom - You're just gonna nag, endlessly, to get me back for how hard I bugged you to do the R6 forks mod. Aren't ya?

--- Did we lose the quote function? Or, how does it work now?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Canada / Cliff - Well, look at that!. I'm a better photographer than I thought I was!

But on a more serious note, now I'm wondering. The previous owner did something to get both low beams to light up. I naively thought he must have done something like the BD43 mod. But if that wire is missing then he did something less elegant. He wrapped it up nicely. But I'm wondering if he might have left it where both filaments in the H4 will be on while hi beam is selected. I'll try to remember to check next time I get in near the bulbs. OTOH, there have been no problems in the six years I've had her. And now that I have LEDs in it there should be less danger of overheating.

By the way, if anybody needs one of the pins I will shortly have a supply of a few extras. Well I will if my crimping skills are OK. This would save you quite a bit of fuss at trying to fabricate one.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Canada / Cliff - Well, look at that!. I'm a better photographer than I thought I was!

But on a more serious note, now I'm wondering. The previous owner did something to get both low beams to light up. I naively thought he must have done something like the BD43 mod. But if that wire is missing then he did something less elegant. He wrapped it up nicely. But I'm wondering if he might have left it where both filaments in the H4 will be on while hi beam is selected. I'll try to remember to check next time I get in near the bulbs. OTOH, there have been no problems in the six years I've had her. And now that I have LEDs in it there should be less danger of overheating.

By the way, if anybody needs one of the pins I will shortly have a supply of a few extras. Well I will if my crimping skills are OK. This would save you quite a bit of fuss at trying to fabricate one.

Are you sure it doesn't have the relay mod I used to make? If the lo beam is shutting off they may have tapped into the left handle bar wire harness and picked up the switched low beam voltage there. There are a few ways to skin that cat...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for making me aware of this thread! The pictures are great for what I'm doing.

It is actually a H4 bulb, as H4 are dual filament for a low and high beam function in one housing, which a lot of cars use. H7 is just single filament. :) I believe H4 is the only bulb type of the 7 varieties that have the dual.

The H7 I referenced was used withe the fared version of the FZ6. On lamp was H7 and the other was H4. The H7 was a single filament and the H4 is the dual filament.

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The H7 I referenced was used withe the fared version of the FZ6. On lamp was H7 and the other was H4. The H7 was a single filament and the H4 is the dual filament.

Right. So the always on left side is a H4 in low beam, until the high beam switch is turned on, and then the left side H4 goes into high beam mode and the H7 on the right turns on as well. At least that's what I'm thinking happens. I also have a feeling I am wrong about this which very well may be the case.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay this thread has been officially hijacked so lets go to the the thread where you are working on your lamp and we can continue our posting there. :)