The electrical gremlins begin....

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
my Right turn signal indicator stays on solid. (turn signal on or off, no matter what side I turn on) The resistor for the right side gets HOT even though I dont use that turn signal or any signal for that matter. On occasion my high beam indicator comes on when I make a tight left turn in a parking lot. I replaced the resistor and it still does the same thing... My logic turns to the whole switch on the bar on the left side....

any opposing thoughts or things to try before I replace the whole switch assembly?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Besides that switch assembly inspect the harness for any pinches that may have occurred as well as where there are sharp bends in the harness. I've seen wires in harnesses overheat because of high current or a short and melt into another circuit activating that circuit.

Get an electronic flasher and get rid of those load resistors! :rolleyes:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
it ended up being a blown bulb -_-

when the parking light filament blew it flopped down onto the turn signal filament and completed that circuit and freaked out the rest of the bike...

wow, how stupid is that?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
it ended up being a blown bulb -_-

when the parking light filament blew it flopped down onto the turn signal filament and completed that circuit and freaked out the rest of the bike...

wow, how stupid is that?

Aha! Your have partial LEDs on your turn signals. In the back are the LED's because you mention resistors and because it was a running light signal through the filament you still have incandescent turn and running light lamps in the front.... Those filament do do funny things!! :)

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
That they do, Cliff, that they do.

So full LED is probably my next bike mod, including the headlights.

my next mod period will be to throw $10k at the old GT.....gotta have that 1000whp somehow ;)