Stay safe everyone

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back. I'm ok, lots of deaths, flooding... Yep, I rode it out.. Lost lots of shingles, (new roof ordered) about 8" of water in the garage..

Just got electric back, been on generator since the storm.. It was BAD, real bad....

See below pic's, I'm on the neighbors network, no net/TV here yet... It sucks watching my FZ, on the CC, in the garage, garage flooding... Water got up to middle of the muffler(below the oil pan), watching my baby get potentially totaled.... But it made it...

About 1" of water in the house, patio under water. I duck taped my only slider and started bailing when the canal kept rising... Water was about 2" ABOVE the slider door frame (about 4" above my living area.). with the tape, lots of bailing, it stopped rising...

Been super busy fixing generators that folks neglect and / or have been under water. Need some new carpet, cabinets sucked up water, roof, boat canopy, washer and drier (tried getting them working, got the washer going but it started smoking from under the lid...

Neighbors were sucking gas from their boats (no fuel to be found as there was NO electric, ANYWHERE).. and suppling me. Also lots of BBQ they were cooking up so that was good.

More pic's to follow

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't post any pic's, I barely have a signal from my neighbors... The water was about 4" ABOVE the bottom of my front door, as far as you could see, NO LAND, just water to the ft of the neighbors houses..

Thanks for the thoughts guys . And yes, phones are still down, no net/ TV (just rabbit ears and maybe 3 channels). A/C blower fan, (not hurricane related) took a dump. Should be fixed tomorrow..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't post any pic's, I barely have a signal from my neighbors... The water was about 4" ABOVE the bottom of my front door, as far as you could see, NO LAND, just water to the ft of the neighbors houses..

Thanks for the thoughts guys . And yes, phones are still down, no net/ TV (just rabbit ears and maybe 3 channels). A/C blower fan, (not hurricane related) took a dump. Should be fixed tomorrow..
glad you made it through Scott, hope you get back to normal soon

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap! So glad you're okay! One of the worst in the history of hurricanes. I've been in them more inland and can't imagine what you folks went through being near the water with the intensity of this one. It's going to take some time for these areas to recover. Thanks for pinging us Scott!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda @lytehouse How is your son after this?
Where Scott lives there are all these canals that lead out to the ocean. I can't imagine the damage there. I'm trying his number now...... Fast busy signal.
I hope Scott's okay....
Thanks for asking Cliff. I mentioned that Steven and fiancé just moved to a new sub called Babcock Ranch, just north of Ft. Myers. 60 Minutes actually touched on their community on Sunday night about how they are self-sustained out there.
Happy to see Scott finally reply.....glad it wasn't worse for him.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for asking Cliff. I mentioned that Steven and fiancé just moved to a new sub called Babcock Ranch, just north of Ft. Myers. 60 Minutes actually touched on their community on Sunday night about how they are self-sustained out there.
Happy to see Scott finally reply.....glad it wasn't worse for him.
I saw something about that community. They have a hardened electrical utility. Lots of solar panels. They suffered very little damage.
Scott said he might get electric and get his network today.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Babcock is way inland.. The closer to the shore, the harder the hit...
I didn't see the eye but it was very close... Winds about 130-140.. And it blew hard for about

Looking out my front door- Another 10" of gulf water yet to come in..
DSCN0561.JPG 5 HOURS as it was super slow (about 8 MPH)...

I do have electric and water, still no internet, TV and landline phone..

I'm in the garage right now using my neighbors signal to get on-line...

Washer and dryer ordered, part for the Zero turn mower ordered, got an e-mail in for the boat canopy folks... Making headway.. ;)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Merry Christmas everyone!

Just a quick update from the storm.

The boat/ with boat canopy (destroyed) in the back yard (pic taken during the storm):

DSCN0557.JPGDSCN0557.JPG

Got the new canopy installed (stills needs to be adjusted forward):

DSCN0628 enlarged.JPG

New roof installed, solar panels re-installed. Just waiting on carpet and some minor kitchen cabinet repair..

Happy New Year too!!

Attachments

• DSCN0557.JPG
    DSCN0557.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 1

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see that some things are getting back to normal. It's amazing to see how far the canal swelled. The light pole tells a real story about the amount of water you had to deal with.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see that some things are getting back to normal. It's amazing to see how far the canal swelled. The light pole tells a real story about the amount of water you had to deal with.

Yepper. There was another 10" or so of water yet to rise.

I was busy bailing water at my duct taped slider. The square, boat lift control box (on the left pole) was completely under about a foot of water.
The boat floated about a foot ABOVE, this pic off the lift. The engine (my other Yamaha) unfortunately "met" the failed canopy causing some cowl damage...

Almost all the houses had water enter inside as again, as it hadn't crested yet...