Storm Impacts?

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope everyone faired well. What a beast:eek: I am on the outerbanks of nc and we will be cut off from the northern banks for a while. I am looking at a 12hr round trip to my wifes(7 months pregnant) doctor's appointments every 2 weeks. All conciderd i feel that we are lucky. NE got hammerd.:(

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Lansdale PA. Wind and rain but we didn't lose power. The snow from last October thinned out the trees so nothing nearby fell.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope everyone faired well. What a beast:eek: I am on the outerbanks of nc and we will be cut off from the northern banks for a while. I am looking at a 12hr round trip to my wifes(7 months pregnant) doctor's appointments every 2 weeks. All conciderd i feel that we are lucky. NE got hammerd.:(

Glad you're okay! I still haven't heard from some members of my family yet. Knowing them they could've been having a hurricane party! :rolleyes:

Hope all of our families as well as emergency services people are safe and sound.:)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a lot of wind and rain here. Power went out one for a minute, but thats it. I drove around last night for a bit and watched a local pizza delivery car stall out in a 4 way intersection that had over a foot of water in it....Luckily, a couple of teenage boys were walking around and I asked them to help the guy out.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
We lost power for about 4 hours in SE Massachusetts, lots of wind for a few hours, relatively light rain. Not as bad as it could have been.

rdrManny

Reaction score
Visit site
we are out of power since 3pm Monday. I am camped at my friends apt who has power.
its going to be cold night!!

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
In Woodbridge, VA. The power flickered a few times, trees blown down some, and lots of wind and rain. Did not have to go to work for two days but now it's back to the grindstone.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
Well living on jersey shore we got hit bad. I will post some pics later I have no power just running on my generator.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Edison township/Central NJ

Lost power and still without, just found out that we'll probably be without electricity for 5days. Good news is that we still have hot/cold running water and our gas stoves are still working. I'm hoping for my gas generator to arrive in 2days (20000watts peak) only need enough juice to run one light, sump pump, fridge, and maybe a small tv to keep everyone at home up to speed with news.
Presently our hospital mandated all oncall personnel to stay overnight in the hospital because our paging system is spotty at best plus personal mobile devices are also affected due to down towers in certain catchman areas. My first night sleeping here on a stretcher, not bag......got tv and charging all my family's electronic devices so i can take back home to them later before my shift starts. Good thing is that I'm only 3miles away from home but still I miss my own bed and of course my family.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also I spent an hour manually draining my sump wells since I have no back up power, which really sucks. At least the water wasn't dirty, like sewer type of dirty.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you have to go through this. One of my sons has an electric stove and he realized too late that he should get a camp stove. All the best wishes to you all.
Maybe I can get him to jump a flight out here. I have a friend that would loan us his Ducati Monster. :)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glastonbury, CT - (next to Hartford) was told the power came back on at home. so that's 2 days without.. far less then what our friends in NYC and Jersey are dealing with.. hope everyone is safe and the bikes are dry!!

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hoboken, NJ here. No power since Monday night. Still no power and likely for a few more days, but we have water. Cell reception is horrible and spotty. The street behind our building had about waist deep of rain and sewage water - I feel bad for the people who parked their cars there. Street in front of building was fine, except for flying debris and a few downed trees and light poles. Our building's basement had a few feet of water, so I had to go down to relight the hot water heater pilot this morning once the water drained a bit. Parent's house in Parsippany, NJ has power - may camp there if I get too bored!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mahwah NJ report is pretty bad. Being told 80% of town without power. My 70ft oak came down and took out every wire it saw and the 2 neighboring telephone poles. Everyone ok though. 4 houses down tree took out half a house. Other half was robbed last night. Lots of good people out there helping and still a few low life's. sad.