Straight pipes

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody taken the stock muffler off and replaced it with just 2 straight pipes. I don't really have the money to put on a set of after market cans so I was thinking of doing this to beef up the sound. Or any other suggestions of what I can do??

Do anybody have a sound clip of what the fz6 sounds like without a muffler on???

I dont think this is a good idea without doing some serious tuning and stating you dont have the cash for mufflers i doubt that a power commander is a possibility. Have you thought about drilling through the baffles?

Staight pipes are just really really loud, and most of the time take power away, unless they are built specificly. An 1/16th of a inch difference in length, can add or remove quite a bit of power in a exhaust system. It realy needs to be tested in a facility.

When I knocked the catalyst out of the cat pipe, I started the bike for a minute during reassembly with the muffler still off - it was much louder, but it did not sound good at all imo.

usually when you take the pipe off a bike it will sound like garbage and stall out easily. very loud and twangy and the sounds mush together (if that makes sense.)

I'm not thinking about taking the cat out just the stock exhaust can and replacing it with straight pipes. I not exactly sure on this hopefully somebody can help me out here but I believe that it is the cat that supplies the back pressure needed for the proper running of the bike. If I am mistaken somebody please correct me.

I dont think this is a good idea without doing some serious tuning and stating you dont have the cash for mufflers i doubt that a power commander is a possibility. Have you thought about drilling through the baffles?
do you have a sound clip of what the bike sounds like with them drilled??

Back