Strange Noise!

ya I think I am gonna start with the clutch it shift fine.. any recommendations on which baskets to go with? I don't hit the track very often this was the second time I actually mainly use the bike for daily driving to work and back.

you dont have to change the basket although a good idea just the upgraded fibers steels and springs is a major improvemnt... as far as the basket there are many great company's. I think a great company is barnett. not sure if thats how it is spelled. they are decently affordable, but very good quality.

same thing happen to me with the knocking it was the valves out of adjustment. but mine did it with it in gear to

I think the knock they are getting is a much louder knock. not sure though.. another thing that can give you a loud ticking wouldnt say knock necesarily would be a loose spark plug.

sorry havent updated in a while, but i took the bike to a yamaha tech, they found the prob, Clutch material in the teeth of the crank gear, have to get the crank replaced due to the fact that the gear is made onto the crank, so im taking the bike in when the weather turns crappy, but for now i ride it like i stole it :rockon:

i am now getting a light ticking noise when i gas it. dose any one els have this little ticking noise? when i pull in my clucth it stops, only when i twist the throttle. is this normal?

Yes, I think I hear the same noise on my 07....but I only have 900mls on it(?). I'd be curious to know.......I thought I've read here that the tick is pretty normal....?

ya I have always had a slight ticking noise I kinda assumed it was injector tick or some kind of solenoid

So I took the clutch cover off and this little peice of clutch fell out at me. started to look around and the closest inside fiber plate was broke in a few large chunks.. I am thinking that this is where my noise is coming from...

Ok.. so I put in an aftermarket EBC clutch, new fibers, steels where fine. found the other clutch pieces cleaned it up, flushed the oil closed it up started it up and the knock is still there. so I decided to just bite the bullet and take it in I'll will give you guys an update on what it is if they find anything out.. I am hopeing it's not a spun bearing or anything like that.. *prays*

I think the noises in this thread were louder/different from this noise ( MP3 ) or?
At least my dealer says it's normal even if my old FZ6 sounded smoother.

BR Robert

Back