Suzuki GSXR 750 or 1000?

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ Saw a brand new one, '06, at the stealership yesterday for $6495. I really like that bike too. Don't see that many around.

That (SV1000S) was my first choice, but I was $ limited (wife!) so I got the Z. They don't make 'em anymore - 2007 was the last yr. Too bad:(

(I know It's a hijacked thread, but I'm just responding to someone else.):rolleyes:

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never rode a 750 but I did get the chance to ride the 07 1000. My friend rode my R6 while I rode the GSXR. I never got to take it into any good corners, plus i was too scared of the possibility of wadding it up. As far as power and acceleration that thing is sick. When I switched to third gear the speedo said about 140. I realized that I would really love to have one but definately didn't need one (tickets/death).

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be 20 in 6 months. The fz6 is my 3rd cycle, the first one I bought completely on my own. I have ridden it a bit over 6000 miles in the 3.5 months ive had it. Im used to the power in the straights, still getting used to the power in the twisties. Id love to have a more sportier bike, but im not going to sacrafice comfort.

You and your son should do the -1 or -1/+2 sprocket mod before you sell it. Its gonna be a whole new rush. Not more torque, more thrust, and you will feel it tremendously

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your son should sit on both. The GSX750 was redone together with the 600cc for '08 and share the same chasis and body. The GSX1000 is different and I think a year or two older design. The GSX750 got rave reviews in Europe and BIKE even compared it to the VFR and I think it beat the VFR. I wish I had that article, but our European friends may. It was recent. I do think the 1000 is overkill - will be much more expensive to insure and will probably eat more gas. Performance, the GSX will be a nice step up from the FZ6. Ask yourself if he really needs a 1000cc race replica bike that can do 150mph at the end of a quarter mile. Both are considered fairly comfortable for supersport bikes.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
I am so glad I posted that thread. So many people posted their own experiences and thoughts.
If there was a voting I guess results would be:

* GSXR750 - thumbs up!
* GSXR1000 - scary sh..less!

S

sportrider

I am so glad I posted that thread. So many people posted their own experiences and thoughts.
If there was a voting I guess results would be:
* GSXR600 - thumbs up!!!
* GSXR750 - questionable
* GSXR1000 - scary sh..less!
now your making sense :thumbup: