tapatalk issues

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Taptalk says its most likley a conflict with a plugin on the board. It started happening after a taptalk update.. Their solution.... Turn off all the plugins........ Hmmm but taptalk is a plug in too.... All my Vbulletin 3.8 sites are having problems since the taptalk update... None of the Vbulletin 4.x.x sites have any trouble.... So...

Options

1.. dump TT and try forum runner
2.. upgrate the board to vbulletin 4.2.0 BC Riders Online Community is an example of what we would look like after the update...

3.. Turn off all the plugins and run vanilla VB 3.8.....

4.. Some admins have dumped TT and forum runner totally and just use a mobile skin for the sites because the amount of new user signups that are here only to spam went up 300%...... Its staring to be more trouble that its worth I think... 95% of the users dont use it....

My vote it lets try forum runner... ( Forum runner is also now integrated with VB) it is more a part of the software that it is a plugin like TT.

Rant over....:BLAA:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
My vote is to fix the problem and keep tapatalk for the following 3 reasons:

1) I use TT on other forums already.
2) I already paid for TT.
3) Other forums that I visit do not have a problem with TT.

Upgrading shouldn't change functionality too much, right? I'm an admin of another board and we've been able to maintain look and feel through updates.

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
My vote is to fix the problem and keep tapatalk for the following 3 reasons:

1) I use TT on other forums already.
2) I already paid for TT.
3) Other forums that I visit do not have a problem with TT.

Upgrading shouldn't change functionality too much, right? I'm an admin of another board and we've been able to maintain look and feel through updates.

1) Check
2) Check
3) Check

I'm of the same opinion.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Testing 123. Working fine for me.... I disabled a few plugins.. Can someone with an iphone confirm

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay now let's see What plugin it was I will enable them one by one till the problem comes back then I will remove that plugin

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay first one re enabled. Test please

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
iphone ipad test please

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Taptalk says its most likley a conflict with a plugin on the board. It started happening after a taptalk update.. Their solution.... Turn off all the plugins........ Hmmm but taptalk is a plug in too.... All my Vbulletin 3.8 sites are having problems since the taptalk update... None of the Vbulletin 4.x.x sites have any trouble.... So...

Options

1.. dump TT and try forum runner
2.. upgrate the board to vbulletin 4.2.0 BC Riders Online Community is an example of what we would look like after the update...

3.. Turn off all the plugins and run vanilla VB 3.8.....

4.. Some admins have dumped TT and forum runner totally and just use a mobile skin for the sites because the amount of new user signups that are here only to spam went up 300%...... Its staring to be more trouble that its worth I think... 95% of the users dont use it....

My vote it lets try forum runner... ( Forum runner is also now integrated with VB) it is more a part of the software that it is a plugin like TT.

Rant over....:BLAA:

My jeep club uses TT and we have a 3 post period where the new users have to have their post reviewed and approved and then after they make 3 non spam like posts they are approved as a site member

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
iphone 4s w iOS6

when I come back in to tt after closing app, it recognises I have a log in and if I go in by that I have no "latest' button.
If i go in as a guest and then log in I get the latest button but no threads???
I reckon give forum runner a go, ......
Is it either /or, or can you run both, or is it all a giant PITA
sorry to keep this thread alive but for some of us its damned annoying
thanks for your efforts tho'

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Would switching to the updated version of Vbulletin be a cheaper solution than switching to forumrunner? I say try whatever is "easiest"/"cheapest" first