Test road a Tiger 800

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.machiningbyblake.com
Test rode a Tiger 800

So I stopped at the local Triumph dealer today and took a look at the Sprint GT and the Tiger 800. The GT is one fine looking motorcycle and one of the easiest bikes to put on the center stand. Sits nice to, a little forward but not too bad. Then Art offered a test ride on the Tiger 800 and who am I to say no as that is on my list too. Very nice bike, shifts like butter and the 800 triple has that Triumph wind to it, sounds good when you twist it a little and has plenty of low grunt. Also soaks up the crappy roads in San Berdo with no problem, also has surprising wind protection from the fly screen and small fairing:thumbup:
Reason I'm looking at new bikes is that I may become un-retired, at least part time, soon. I stopped by where I retired from and they offered me a job:D, doing prototypes and checking the drawing before there released for production. If they come up with a decent offer I'm going to take them up on it.
So now I'm thinking about selling the FZ:eek: and getting a Tiger 800 as some of the riding I like to do is dirt roads, nothing to technical, and go exploring in the easy to get to back country.
As much as I liked the GT I think the Tiger will be best suited to what I would like to do.
So anybody interested in an 09 FZ6 with just about 20K on the clock, will need tires soon, so I would price it accordingly:D Never down, runs great. I will post in the for sale section as soon as I find out if the offer of employment is backed up with a decent wage:D
Thanks for letting me bend your ear:thumbup:
Jerry

Last edited:
That's great about picking up some part time work from your former employer.
The Tiger 800 looks like a pretty great machine and it's had some good reviews as well. It looks as though we might have another defector to the Triumph dark side. :spank:
I do appreciate you not posting a pic of the Tiger though Jerry...these Triumph converts are going to end up costing me some money, I just know it...:BLAA:

It looks as though we might have another defector to the Triumph dark side. :spank:
I do appreciate you not posting a pic of the Tiger though Jerry...these Triumph converts are going to end up costing me some money, I just know it...:BLAA:

What you talkin' about Willis?

Last edited:
That's great about picking up some part time work from your former employer.
The Tiger 800 looks like a pretty great machine and it's had some good reviews as well. It looks as though we might have another defector to the Triumph dark side. :spank:

Just go buy one already! :BLAA:

There's a guy in my dept. who rides a V-Strom and is about to trade...he's going to go with a Tiger 1050.

Just go buy one already! :BLAA:

There's a guy in my dept. who rides a V-Strom and is about to trade...he's going to go with a Tiger 1050.

I've been "priming the pump" as they say with the wife..talking up the speed triple and showing pics. Could take a while though..:D

Re: Test rode a Tiger 800

I sat on one at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Straight away I said to Mike that THIS would be the only bike that would make me get rid of the FZ6.

For me, it was perfect height, perfect riding position and it looked good. Wasn't too big for me - absolutely loved it.

I WON'T take it for a test ride though - I don't want to get rid of my FZ6 quite yet :(

If i had the Mulah $$ i'd buy the tiger in a heartbeat, i love the looks of the bike and the ergos, sat on one in a triumph/harley/kawa/yama dealer (who knew you'd find such bikes in the same dealership :rolleyes:) and loved it, The price is a bit too steep for me though, but in the future, definitely on my list :thumbup:

Pics with whatever you buy!

Back