The life of the working man rider

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Work is good . . . 2.5 days left, then two months off.

Family is good. My 19 yo daughter just moved into a apt in Chicago and won't be home.

I got saddle bags today and they went on smoothly with under seat mounting. I've got little stuff to do to the bike, like mirror block offs and a 12v socket. I am also getting a tent so that next week . . . I pack and leave for a week or so alone on the road.

Joe

ps - gotta love teaching

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my life, my family (immediate and extended), and I love my job.

My name is FizzySix, and I take Prozac.

;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Work has been a REAL challenge. I injured myself on an x-ray room installation. Long story short - used the nut driver that fit over my allen wrench to get some extra torque because the allen could only reach longways to the bolt I was trying to get to. This was on a heavy column that bolts to a bridge that runs on rails suspended above people and patients. Naturally, I wanted to make sure these bolts were good and tight. The nut driver broke when I was applying torque and sliced where my right hand and wrist meet below my thumb (see pics). Did I mention that I'm right handed? Anyways, we have been so busy that as soon as they finished stitching me up - I took a service call and have not stopped working since. I had 8 mattress stiches and three single stitches. The tendon on the right in the picture was nicked about 5%.:eek: It has been very frustrating working around this injury. Putting in very long days. Can relate to LoneSoldier's "exhausted" feeling. We have four installations going and the service calls just keep on coming. The only thing that truly motivates me is my team. They are some of the best people I have ever had the honor of working with.

As far as the bike goes, the only things cooking are headers getting ceramic coated matte black and an Evotech radiator guard in matte black on the way.:rockon: Looking forward to getting around to that.:Flash:

Ouch! :eek:Heal up quickly Jman!:rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Work is good . . . 2.5 days left, then two months off.

Family is good. My 19 yo daughter just moved into a apt in Chicago and won't be home.

I got saddle bags today and they went on smoothly with under seat mounting. I've got little stuff to do to the bike, like mirror block offs and a 12v socket. I am also getting a tent so that next week . . . I pack and leave for a week or so alone on the road.

Joe

ps - gotta love teaching

post pictures of how you load the tent on the bike. I'll be getting one too and some insights from how it actually loads onto the bike would be helpful. will you be loading a tank or tailbag as well?

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics to come. I'm gonna do a dry run this weekend. I'm looking at a Eureka Apex 2XT tent. Small - but not mummy-like. I'll put a thread in Touring when I'm set up.

Joe

post pictures of how you load the tent on the bike. I'll be getting one too and some insights from how it actually loads onto the bike would be helpful. will you be loading a tank or tailbag as well?

J-Speed Inc.

Owner of J-Speed Inc.
Reaction score
jspeedinc.webs.com
Trying to ride my FZ6 as much as possible but since we're not in hurricane season here in FL, the weather has been rather unpredictable and rainy. However, I did ride my FZ to work today and she wasn't running quite right.

It seems there's a deadspot from idle to 1/8th throttle, feels like a lean spot. I ran the diagnostic for the TPS sensor and it's readings were fine. It feels like there's an air leak or the MAF sensor is dirty, not too sure where to go from here. Any ideas FZ guru's?

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
Today was a great day to ride to work.... Have a 30 mile commute to get there. The ride was good, expect for one incident - some stupid lady in a minivan tried to merge into me. I was in the middle lane on the highway, with vehicles surrounding me. I had nowhere to go, so I just laid on the horn until I was able to get past her. I almost had to try lane-splitting for the first time.
Even though stuff like that happens all the time, it is still a lot more fun to ride the Fizzer to work than it is to take the truck. I actually look forward to my commute when I am able to ride the cycle!
ATGATT!!!!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Today was a great day to ride to work.... Have a 30 mile commute to get there. The ride was good, expect for one incident - some stupid lady in a minivan tried to merge into me. I was in the middle lane on the highway, with vehicles surrounding me. I had nowhere to go, so I just laid on the horn until I was able to get past her. I almost had to try lane-splitting for the first time.
Even though stuff like that happens all the time, it is still a lot more fun to ride the Fizzer to work than it is to take the truck. I actually look forward to my commute when I am able to ride the cycle!
ATGATT!!!!

I'm glad you came out OK on that one. :eek: It is amazing how often people don't pay attention.
I agree that it is much more fun to ride to wor. It is a sense of accomplishment for me - I guess because I am still a newbie. (Plus I am using about a third of the gas!!)
More rain in the forecast for me today, so the cage was it. :(
So far, Father's Day has no rain in the forecast, so I am hoping to ride my "murdercicle" to Dad's house to take him for a little ride. (He calls it that, not me.) He used to have one, and ever since I got mine has been wanting me to take him for a ride. He would be the best first pillion that I can think of, since he has experience being on a bike, and hopefully still has his racing helmet!! :D