The NREMT. Bit me

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I took the test, there where 6 people in my class, two people passed (one of them had already taken it 6 times) the other in my mind didn't deserve it after spending class with him he has a terrible attitude.

You have 5 categories summarized into one test that you have to make a good grade on every single catagory, you can't be perfect in one and below average in the other.

You have to wait about 6 hours after your test for the results.

I passed Trauma and EMS operations.

I failed: OBGYN, cardiology, and airway/medical.

My main mistake was speed. It kills me to stare at a question so I make a decision, that is where I failed. Not properly reading the question.

The thing about this test is two right answers you have to pic the best right answer.

Next test is scheduled for the 31st. I have signed up to MedicTests.com and have been using it atleast 6 hours a day (I know) but I cannot affored to fail I'm tired of my ****ty job and have a gauranteed job once I get my gold patch.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear. Now that you know what to expect you'll surely do better the next time around. Do you know how close to passing each category you were?

(one of them had already taken it 6 times)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you only get 3 attempts at the nremt, and if you fail 3 times you have to do a refresher course or something of the like? Has this person taken a refresher twice already?

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear. Now that you know what to expect you'll surely do better the next time around. Do you know how close to passing each category you were?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you only get 3 attempts at the nremt, and if you fail 3 times you have to do a refresher course or something of the like? Has this person taken a refresher twice already?

3x refresher, 6x total, she re did the class with us.

Not near on the 3 categories :( I know my **** just the wordings lol.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Test taking can be quite challenging and frustrating. I am guessing that there are several different tests administered for this certification . So you will most likely see something different next time. FWIW, my advice is to review the material, stay relaxed when your sitting for the test and you will do fine. Most importantly as you pointed out, read all questions carefully. Best of Luck!

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey remember what they told you in initial training, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Keep the faith.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear ya. Just the first thing I have failed since I started my EMS career 4 years ago, hell even combat medic school was easier lol