The Obligatory "Lowside" Thread

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know a guy that would always wear full gear. The one day he decided not wear his jacket and pants is the same day he crashed doing 80 mph. He spent 11 days in the hospital and now refuses to get on a motorcycle.

That's exactly why I can't ride without full gear anymore, it probably will happen to me as well.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
Soooooo sorry to hear about your mishap! I'm glad you finally got those frame sliders installed. Now, just remember to wear your old helmet when practicing emergency stops! ;)

I hope those knees heal up ok. I've landed twice on mine but luckily only bruised up. Knee guards are next on my purchase list!

If you decide you wanna go the naked route then you are more than welcome to come over and explore my bike all you need. Working on bikes is fun!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a pair of these in the hopes to ride in riding boots, shin guards and just regular jeans. Well turns out that armor is the most uncomfortable piece of motorcycle gear I've ever tried on so I ended up buying one of these. I know - not the best of protection but still better than my jeans. If nothing else they are very comfortable, take 5 seconds to put on and are very breathable (and thus not waterproof at all).

Just FYI. Glad you and your bike are generally ok! Take care

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I ordered new pants, helmet, and jacket today. Also got a 40 dollar gift check from motorcycle-superstore since I spent over 250 dollars. That almost pays for the gloves, woohoo!

Also got good news from the doctor yesterday. I won't be needing a cast for my arm since the crack isn't too bad. I'll just have to deal with a sling for 4-6 weeks, or until it heals up well enough. It's already feeling much better, and my range of motion has gotten much better, too.

All that's left to buy is some new signals, gloves, and frame sliders. Now I have a lot of sanding/repainting to do. Oh well, it's always fun to work on the bike.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Well, I ordered new pants, helmet, and jacket today. Also got a 40 dollar gift check from motorcycle-superstore since I spent over 250 dollars. That almost pays for the gloves, woohoo!

Also got good news from the doctor yesterday. I won't be needing a cast for my arm since the crack isn't too bad. I'll just have to deal with a sling for 4-6 weeks, or until it heals up well enough. It's already feeling much better, and my range of motion has gotten much better, too.

All that's left to buy is some new signals, gloves, and frame sliders. Now I have a lot of sanding/repainting to do. Oh well, it's always fun to work on the bike.

Any insurance pay out at all to help you out with the expenses? I guess the lost equipment would be pretty close to the deductible, even if they're covered.

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually crashed in these pants, 35mph sliding on my knees, and never got to my jeans... much better than nothing

I ended up buying one of these. I know - not the best of protection but still better than my jeans. If nothing else they are very comfortable, take 5 seconds to put on and are very breathable (and thus not waterproof at all).

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Any insurance pay out at all to help you out with the expenses? I guess the lost equipment would be pretty close to the deductible, even if they're covered.

Unfortunately, I only have liability on the bike. I'm going to be looking into better insurance at some point in the future so I can combine the car and motorcycle together. Nationwide itself will not cover my bike because it's on some list they have of uninsurable bikes. They are able to broker it out to some company under them, however. My insurance is only 300 a year, so I really can't complain, but I would like to have better coverage. I just can't afford it at the moment.