The Odd Cager Activity Thread

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I was reading a post about yet another biker that was nearly a hood ornament, and the inattentive cagers that nearly took him out. I thought it might be a fun idea to post up the most unusual things we have seen drivers doing behind the wheel. (Yes, this is STILL a family friendly forum, but I'm sure there are some great stories to be heard!)

I will start.

One day on my drive to work, I saw a guy eating a big bowl of cereal. Yep, you read that right. Holding the bowl in one hand, the spoon in the other, and the steering wheel...oh wait, WHO NEEDS TO STEER???? I'm guessing he was using his knees. :BLAA:

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
just the other day i saw a cage driver backing into a parking spot next to a curb, backed up onto it, pulled off and tried again....on the curb again. and the third attempt...nope no 3rd try, she pulled forward into a space one row over. she didn't seem bothered though, never hung up her phone :spank:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two lane highway, 65~70 mph, BMW 535 or better reading the WSJ draped completely across the steering wheel with coffee in right hand. Could have ridden beside him for minutes watching him read, but booted well beyond him after seeing that!...idiot.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good idea for a thread :thumbup: But seriously , after driving trucks around this country for 16 years you seriously dont want to know half the stuff I have seen :eek: :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ciggie in mouth, coffee in one hand, phone to the ear with the other, later on mascara in the rear view,
wish I had a hair dryer on me I could have helped. I was well less than impressed

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Big dog on driver's lap, sticking his head out drivers window, completely obstructing steering wheel control...obviously these people don't care about driving.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Big dog on driver's lap, sticking his head out drivers window, completely obstructing steering wheel control...obviously these people don't care about driving.

I cant believe im admitting this but ive done pretty much that same thing bit with a much smaller dog, my 7month old jack russell terror named rowdy, most of the time when he rides with me he will just curl up in my lap but this time he was living up to his name and decided that he wanted to drive, I was driving down a back road not much traffic and he littoraly climed up in the steering wheel and was looking out the windshield and I one hand on the wheel other on my phone took a picture.....:spank:

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant believe im admitting this but ive done pretty much that same thing bit with a much smaller dog, my 7month old jack russell terror named rowdy, most of the time when he rides with me he will just curl up in my lap but this time he was living up to his name and decided that he wanted to drive, I was driving down a back road not much traffic and he littoraly climed up in the steering wheel and was looking out the windshield and I one hand on the wheel other on my phone took a picture.....:spank:

Pretty sure the dog I saw doing this was Lab sized. ;)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya thats a little to big to be a lap dog anyways lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good idea for a thread :thumbup: But seriously , after driving trucks around this country for 16 years you seriously dont want to know half the stuff I have seen :eek: :thumbup:

This is a family oriented forum! :rof::rof:

I have had countless experiences seeing people doing stupid stuff. On the bike you have a great viewing advantage.
I was on the freeway 70 MPH watching a guy steering his car with his knees one hand holding a plate the other hand picking up and biting a pastry. :eek:

I've had worse experiences with cages though.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a chick driving with her wipers on, talking on the phone. It was a bone dry day, hadn't rained in weeks at that point. I was drving behind her in my cage and I saw her wipers were off. Suddenly they turn on. No cleaner spray, nothing. Just turned them on.

After about 5 minutes I made it up beside her just in time for her to put the phone down and look back at the road, and freak out trying to turn her wipers off. She had just noticed they were on.

My wife was also there to witness the event and she still talks and drives. At least she stopped texting and driving.

And 90% of the time when a cager makes a bonehead move they're talking on the phone.

If they're not then I've seen reading a novel before. I've seen people holding a coffee cup in their left hand, have the phone clutched with their sholder, and digging through papers and writing before.

One guy doing that drove for 2 miles :eek: before he looked up. If he hit the bumps on either side, he just drifted back the other way. And when he did look up, it was just to see why the big red truck was driving right beside him pacing him. Then he glanced back at the road and looked back down.

Wow. One lady even put the car in cruise control, un-did her seatbelt and started digging around in the passenger floorboard. On the phone, of course. Needless to say I wipped around her and went quite fast for awhile to put as many cars between us as possible.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a chick driving with her wipers on, talking on the phone. It was a bone dry day, hadn't rained in weeks at that point. I was drving behind her in my cage and I saw her wipers were off. Suddenly they turn on. No cleaner spray, nothing. Just turned them on.

After about 5 minutes I made it up beside her just in time for her to put the phone down and look back at the road, and freak out trying to turn her wipers off. She had just noticed they were on.

My wife was also there to witness the event and she still talks and drives. At least she stopped texting and driving.

And 90% of the time when a cager makes a bonehead move they're talking on the phone.

If they're not then I've seen reading a novel before. I've seen people holding a coffee cup in their left hand, have the phone clutched with their sholder, and digging through papers and writing before.

One guy doing that drove for 2 miles :eek: before he looked up. If he hit the bumps on either side, he just drifted back the other way. And when he did look up, it was just to see why the big red truck was driving right beside him pacing him. Then he glanced back at the road and looked back down.

Wow. One lady even put the car in cruise control, un-did her seatbelt and started digging around in the passenger floorboard. On the phone, of course. Needless to say I wipped around her and went quite fast for awhile to put as many cars between us as possible.

I actually prefer to keep people like that in front of me. If I get in front of them, it's just increasing the odds that they'll hit me.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a family oriented forum! :rof::rof:

You got that right brother :thumbup:

From pretty German backpackers getting nekid/dressed in the back of campervans :steve: to a guy rolling up a $20 note & snorting a line in traffic :eek: belive me when I say I have seen it ALL :BLAA:

Young 'ladies' flashing the the big truck driver was a monthly experience too & gets boring after a while :thumbup:

Believe me when I tell you this rig could tell a million stories :D

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, I was behind a woman in a shopping parking lot trying to turn right from the left hand turn lane & today, a guy blasted thru a red light cause the left hand turn arrow was green. At the next light I looked over and BIG SURPRISE.....on his phone :spank:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen all sorts of things from people doing their makeup, reading papers, eating with both hands, using electric shavers, driving with left turn signal on but they turn right and vice versa, drug use and even some occasional road nookie.

My favorite was rolling up next to guy at the light at the end of a freeway offramp in Culver City. I looked over and in the passenger seat he had a massive bong held in place by the seatbelt and yes he was dancing with mary jane the whole intersection reaked of it. I just knocked on his window the carbon fiber knuckles of the gloves and did the disapproving finger wag at him. I swear his whole car jumped up when I knocked on the window.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
today I beheld what looked to be a 70 year old man compleatly and uterly ROCKING OUT to katy perrys california girls song... was the complete highlight of my day.. I can still visualize him singing and waving his hand around like a lasso over his head.. by far one of the most craziest things I have seen in a long time...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: When the smoke clears . . .

Just now (2011-09-13) picture 4 lanes, 3 are merging swapping inner to outer lane positions and some going straight through; super idiot in the right lane >>> a male cager @ss ended female while texting beside me on my right (** Obviously he should have been braking! **). 3 cars of contact and parts flying every where, lots of smoke, I'm to the left of them, a semi to the left of me, the guy in front of me thought the party was coming his way so he went left into the Semi's lane which made the semi go left into another cagers lane but no harm no foul as the there was an emergency lane for the outer most cage to escape to but the semi locked 18 wheels and went left. 18 wheels plus 12 wheels of TIRE SMOKE filled the air. :cheer:

Glad I was in the cage - and did nothing - as in no reaction was required other than holding my breath and watching the smoke clear and head light glass settle to the earth.... Hard braking would spill my coffee cup sitting on the floor and that was not the case. . .

Its a bad area riddled with countless skid marks. Almost like running a figure 8 course except the cross over has them pointed in the same direction but everyone has a need to merge left and right simultaneously. It's UGLY!!

Me and the cage have over 100,000 miles of accident free travel in the chaos that surrounds us. So many times I could have let another cage take'er out. ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Me again - on the bike this time.

Way home from work a female cager in a delivery van was watching the gps or some other navigational system and nearly merged over my existence!

The three of us left the front row from a signal under turned green. Cage on the left, me, and a van to the right. Cage take off slow and there is traffic in front of me. My intent is to move to the left lane BUT before I can do so of my own will the van to my right takes my lane never looking over at where she is moving too!!!! My right foot was at her door as I held my ground (kinda) but went left with her. Thankfully I had a place to go as she paid no attention to my leg at her drivers door. . .

Errrrr. . . .
All is well but people are Stupid!