~~~$$$The Recent Purchase Thread$$$~~~

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
A fresh set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's to replace the Bridgestone BT020:s. Should be a big improvement....

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Puig "New generation" fly screen, light smoke

5 minute mod, though i'm not overly keen on it replacing my top fork clamp bolts

not the best pic either, i like it though, it's unobtrusive and doesn't take away from the nakedness too much

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
woot UPS truck just left, here's what he brought for me today

P5110498.jpg

:D:D:D

Awesome. Do you have another thread detailing your gauge upgrade?

I've been thinking about this mod, but don't know what to do with the plastics around the gauge. You mention that you're swapping over to 2007+ plastics?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
a new pair of boots, wanted something with a bit more protection, also figured if i'm spending the money then why not get something flash :D

1795147_601_F_S_9.png

Esra

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I took the plunge and bought my new bike.

Tried a fair few over a couple weekends and still loved the FZ6N. Closest would be the Z750 but for the extra money I didn't think it was much more powerful if at all.

Was really a great deal on the bike as it only has 7155K's on it and it's an 07 model.

Anyway pics attached, should get it on Wednesday next week!

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my FZ6 about a month ago!! :D I also just bought some red strobe lights for the back to hook up to the brake lights, I will post pics of that when I get them installed.

picture.php

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Awesome. Do you have another thread detailing your gauge upgrade?

I've been thinking about this mod, but don't know what to do with the plastics around the gauge. You mention that you're swapping over to 2007+ plastics?

I gonna be doing the swap over the next weeke or so, I'll have info posted in my project thread as its coming along

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
a new pair of boots, wanted something with a bit more protection, also figured if i'm spending the money then why not get something flash :D

1795147_601_F_S_9.png

I like the design as it looks like it should save your ankle if bad things happen.
How do you like them for fit, comfort, cooling, shifting, and traction?

So where's the rest of the Storm Trooper outfit? :don'tknow: :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a cover from fleebay for 36USD shipped. Pro it fits nice & its light. Con its thin & the strap is hard to connect under the bike as you have to be down on the tarmac to grab it. Its cheap for work and it keeps the direct sun off the bike. It serves its purpose. . .

Seller is: "centralcover", description is: "NEW YAMAHA FZ6 MOTORCYCLE COVER w/ unique features". It shipped fast and it works. Comes in two tone silver/black.

Picture is boring but I'll toss one up sometime.

Edit: Months later adding ill picture....

View attachment 39406

Last edited:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a new cell phone, my smartphone went retarded on me, so I went down to the Softbank store... well it's more like a HUGE showroom since the Tokyo store is the headquarters building, I got a Samsung 740SC for about $100 USD out the door.

_H106187.jpg

_H106188.jpg

I also picked up a copy of The 3rd Birthday for the PSP, I wanted something to play on 13 hour flight back to the USA.
_H106190.jpg

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the design as it looks like it should save your ankle if bad things happen.
How do you like them for fit, comfort, cooling, shifting, and traction?

So where's the rest of the Storm Trooper outfit? :don'tknow: :D

i tried on pretty much everything in two shops. Found out that waterproof boots generally don't fit as well as proper boots

these have a permanent inner boot, so my feet are secure. they aslo have titanium sliders, and various other guff to prevent broken ankles etc. They also seem to need minimal wearing in, and are really comfortable. Apparently one guy spent the day walking in the alps in them! The other nice thing is a 3year warranty :)

only negative is i dropped my bike the first day i wore them! don't know if it was the slightly different feel or what, luckily there was no damage to my bike :)

rest of my outfit is black dainese leathers and a white helmet :)

seems like i get less waves now, maybe people are too busy staring at my boots :BLAA:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
frost black arai rx-q it's not as comfortable as my old hjc fs10 and I miss the built in sun shield but it's better in every other way. I think there's a photochromic shield coming out some time.

IMG_20110516_234319.jpg

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
VS2 Headlight currently getting painted blue to match the bike.
securedownload2sh.jpg

PR3's Installed last week
securedownload3e.jpg

Rizoma grip's and bar end's
securedownload4i.jpg

Rizoma mirror's and slider's
securedownload5l.jpg

Twobro's Carbon Fibre Black Series Exhaust
securedownload7ci.jpg

Ottimoto rearsets
securedownload8b.jpg

I am waiting on the mail man for my ASV blue levers, transparent blue Spiegler brake lines, and Twobro's P1 power tip in blue. The sub cowl, VS2 headlight fairing, and rear hugger are off at the paint shop to match the bike.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well long time waiting finally got my closing date today. only 12 more days to wait, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.
Outsideofhouse.png

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this one in the Matte Black color as my daily lid. It's a GREAT helmet, best one I've ever owned... :thumbup:

Glad you like yours. I only had a chance to test it out for a few miles on the way into work today. So far I am impressed with the interior the most. Very comfortable.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Shark makes some really high-quality helmet liners. I have one of the RSI models in addition to the RSR2 and it is high quality as well. Just washed them both and they came out brand new! Such a nice, plush material... :cheer: