This seems like a bike that most FZ6 owners would appreciate.

ryanag

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the happy new owner of Tweak's 2009 FZ! And I have to say that he took impecable care of the beauty and he was a very stand up person. I've been out a few times this week and I've been having a blast!!!! Again, thanks Tweak! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
its nice an all....but i have personally beat the piss out of more Yamaha's then Honda's....I will stick with what I trust. unless someone wants to give me that thur shiny new Honda :rolleyes:

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the happy new owner of Tweak's 2009 FZ! And I have to say that he took impecable care of the beauty and he was a very stand up person. I've been out a few times this week and I've been having a blast!!!! Again, thanks Tweak! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Glad you are enjoying it. Enjoy the Ozarks! :rockon:

Roderz

Geek on a Bike
Reaction score
geekonabike.tumblr.com
Suzuki Across were doing 'helmet instead of fuel tank' storage 15 years ago. Interesting to see it resurrected. Around here they were always referred to as handbags.

It doesn't look bad. I'd be worried about the range though.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say that I too have been looking fondly in the direction of both the Honda and Triumph offerings. For me my bike is a tool for a job. My feelings thus far are:

The Honda looks ok but has been clearly designed for entry level riders wanting something not too challenging but not totally bland either, hence the angular styling. Of course the legendary build quality will swing it for some. I see it a bit like modern skis that make it almost too easy even for beginners!

Triumph, even for us Brits is quite expensive but is a thoroughly well thought out machine that will be capable in all conditions. In XC guise though, I don't like the rubber - looks too off-roady for decent road handling. Stood over one just today parked next to mine. It has presence and good build with a good pillion pad. Its just a little too close to the German forefather (GS) for me.

Sooo, it may well have to be my other choice when I was originally looking at the FZ6 - namely the Damn Good Beemer F800ST. For me it has it all. Economy, looks, belt drive, performance enough for me and handling. Yes its also expensive but I don't see anything out there that currently challenges the good ol' Fazer. Would like to try the F8 tho and maybe if they decide to modernise the F1 as that is showing its age now in the handling stakes.

Anyone see another obvious candidate? Or are we all destined to hang onto our rides like a well worn rabbit's foot?

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo, it may well have to be my other choice when I was originally looking at the FZ6 - namely the Damn Good Beemer F800ST.

I was looking at these bikes for all the reasons you mentioned, but I heard concerns about engine problems. Do you think those concerns are over-blown?

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that bike a little while ago and read a review on it and was really turned off by the underwhelming performance numbers. I'll keep my 2008 FZ6 before owning one of those. But if you handed me the keys to an x132 Hellcat, I wouldn't say no!!

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say that I too have been looking fondly in the direction of both the Honda and Triumph offerings. For me my bike is a tool for a job. My feelings thus far are:

The Honda looks ok but has been clearly designed for entry level riders wanting something not too challenging but not totally bland either, hence the angular styling. Of course the legendary build quality will swing it for some. I see it a bit like modern skis that make it almost too easy even for beginners!

Triumph, even for us Brits is quite expensive but is a thoroughly well thought out machine that will be capable in all conditions. In XC guise though, I don't like the rubber - looks too off-roady for decent road handling. Stood over one just today parked next to mine. It has presence and good build with a good pillion pad. Its just a little too close to the German forefather (GS) for me.

Sooo, it may well have to be my other choice when I was originally looking at the FZ6 - namely the Damn Good Beemer F800ST. For me it has it all. Economy, looks, belt drive, performance enough for me and handling. Yes its also expensive but I don't see anything out there that currently challenges the good ol' Fazer. Would like to try the F8 tho and maybe if they decide to modernise the F1 as that is showing its age now in the handling stakes.

Anyone see another obvious candidate? Or are we all destined to hang onto our rides like a well worn rabbit's foot?

Before I got the FZ6, I wanted to get myself either the BWM F800st or the FG600s. i actually test ridden one. It was silky smooooooth. I really wanted to get it but I didn't really want to finance too much.

I then test rode the FZ6 and the experience was comparable. It nowhere near as smooth as the BMW FG600, but I own it outright and I am not a slave to a loan. probably if you would have gotten the FZ6N it would feel a lot more similar in terms of experience to the beemer.

EDIT:

Honestly there is not a lot out there on the market that is similar to our FZ6. Outside of Yamaha VMAX, the Suzuki m109r or a Vstrom/Triumph Tiger, there is nothing that really interests me.

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Not for me, would pick a new Kawasaki Ninja 300 first. I bought the FZ6 because it was a good all round bike. Could be a sport bike, a commuter bike or a light touring bike. The Honda is slanted much more towards light touring and commuting but forgets the canyon carving. Figure out how to put 90+ horsepower in one and I might be interested. Love the FZ6, can be docile or a tiger depending on the revs. Bikes that interest me most are CBR600RR, Triumph 675, Ninja 636. . . Would get a Ninja 1000 if it weren't geared so high and that is more power than I want but would also get it over the NC700. Seems like no one makes a good all purpose mid-range bike anymore. :-(

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not for me, would pick a new Kawasaki Ninja 300 first. I bought the FZ6 because it was a good all round bike. Could be a sport bike, a commuter bike or a light touring bike. The Honda is slanted much more towards light touring and commuting but forgets the canyon carving. Figure out how to put 90+ horsepower in one and I might be interested. Love the FZ6, can be docile or a tiger depending on the revs. Bikes that interest me most are CBR600RR, Triumph 675, Ninja 636. . . Would get a Ninja 1000 if it weren't geared so high and that is more power than I want but would also get it over the NC700. Seems like no one makes a good all purpose mid-range bike anymore. :-(

I feel the same way about the power thing, the Honda would be a lot more appealing with some more grunt. Now that I've got some power I don't think I can go much further back unless it's a motard or enduro.

As far as the ninja 1000 you mentioned have you considered the z1000? I personally don't like the way the new ones look, too much going on IMO but I rode my buddies and the thing rides like a dream! Plenty of power and still comfy, plus the way they do the exhaust it has a extremely unique sound, they split the left2 and right2 cyl on their own system so it sounds like 2 p-twins vs a i4View attachment 44793