This seems like a bike that most FZ6 owners would appreciate.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Honda NC700X
59 MPG
Great utility.
Upright riding position.
$7000
The big storage compartment is super cool.
Tall seat height is another plus.

Now that the FZ6, a great jack of all trades bike, is discontinued (sort of) this Honda will for sure be getting a look from me when it comes time for a new bike.
Thought perhaps some here would like to check this bike out too, Hell for Leather does a review,

Honda NC700X: the Swiss Army Knife of bikes? | Hell for Leather

Honda+NC700X+%25282012%2529+Side.jpg

12_NC700X_Tech_01_EU_medium.jpg

You can fit a size large helmet in there,
12-Honda-NC700X-storage.jpg

Really cool imo.

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome concept but looks a little "underwhelming". If I were going to go with a swiss army knife style bike it would probably be a new Triumph Tiger XC

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw one of these at a bike show recently, I really liked the helmet space where the fuel tank normally is, very clever.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
The Triumph Tiger XC is really cool, but $5000 more then the Honda. I guess my thoughts are that the FZ6 crowd is somewhat budget conscious and that the Honda fits into the FZ6 ballpark, generally speaking of course. If the sky is the limit price wise, there are certainly some amazing bikes out there.

hattu345

Reaction score
Visit site
The mpg is impressive but the 14L tank is not. With an aftermarket fuel tank in place of the storage, it would be an interesting bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this bike has some forward thinking engineering and allows for more people entry level as well as people looking for economy, reliability, commuting etc. Too often bikes offered in the US are already in use in other countries for years ahead and we don't get them because marketing doesn't feel it fits the niche for us.

This bike won't fit the MotoGP champion image that many of us might like to assume but it has some great ideas towards other ways of thinking that I think we are well overdue for.

For it's price, features and economy I think its a great bike and they use this same format frame and engine for 3 different models and one is a scooter.

Here is the S model. It's in German or something like that. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5uW0pkrLY]Introductie Honda NC 700 S, model 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

For a few grand more you can have it with auto transmission and ABS!

Thinking about it as an entry level bike, for a few buck more, it's a good alternative compared to the Honda CBR 250 or the Kawasaki Ninja 250.

Because of the engine position and fuel position the lower positions make the bike feel like a much lighter bike.

I say a chicken in every pot and an alternative travel vehicle (scooter/motorcycle) in every garage! :)

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the concept of having storage space, specifically being able to fit a helmet. I just can't get past that front end though, I just keep picturing one of these:
bmw-r1200-gs-www-ammortizzatoriplatania-com.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the concept of having storage space, specifically being able to fit a helmet. I just can't get past that front end though, I just keep picturing one of these:

There are 3 styles of this bike based on one platform:
Here's the nc 700 s

HONDA_NC700S_SIDE_STAT_022.jpg

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just bid farewell to my 2009 FZ6 for one of these. I was in the process of making changes to the FZ (i.e adding bags and a straighter bar) to start doing some solo touring when I heard about this bike.

If I had room in my garage for 4 bikes I would've considered keeping the FZ, but I think I made the right move for what I wanted to do.

SMOOOOOOOOOTH power delivery and clutch action. It's not neck snapping by any means, but it delivers a fun ride. Similar torque number as the FZ, just available where you would need it most for everyday riding. So far, about the only thing I dislike is the boxy swingarm (didn't like it when I had my first gen FZ either). No buzziness in the bars that I can feel. That tiny little windscreen is more effective that my Puig double bubble screen on the FZ (I think the NC's bodylines help with that too).

Rode it home from the dealer in pouring rain, and that storage compartment paid for itself :thumbup: keeping my camera, wallet, phone and paperwork dry as a bone.

After topping off the tank on the way home I'm at around 180 miles and still have not hit reserve on the 3.7 gallon tank (reserve comes on with about .7 gallons left according to the owners manual) so the mileage of 60-64 seems spot on so far. I'm not one to take it easy on a new bike so I'm hoping those figures stay consistent. My Leo Vince EVO II Carbon Fiber can gets installed today and I have a set of bags and adjustable levers coming for it too. Then it's off to adventure.

DSC00361.jpg

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
The GS is just on a different planet. I've ridden one, once, and was a bit underwhelmed but mentioning the GS and that Honda in the same sentence is just, well, beleidigend

Must admit i do like this type of bike for 1 its taller ... and 2 its a tourer ... 3 bmw always look good ...

Unfortuantly i went up to a local bmw garage showroom today to look about ... they very upper class oh yar type ... but they got some very nice bikes :spank:
i love my old FZS still though would take a lot to part with it i think :thumbup:

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
ARRRR buggered up the above post couldnt delete it sooooo.....

Must admit i do like this type of bike for 1 its taller ... and 2 its a tourer ... 3 bmw always look good ...

Unfortuantly i went up to a local bmw garage showroom today to look about ... they very upper class oh yar type ... but they got some very nice bikes :spank:
i love my old FZS still though would take a lot to part with it i think :thumbup: