Throttle Lock

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, so during this winter I have decided that I would like to pick up a throttle lock. My wrist isn't what it used to be so having a few seconds to relax it at 70 mph would be great. Any suggestions on which to go for? I see some for $20 and then all the way up to $150. I'm guessing this is a "you get what you pay for" type of thing, but someone might know more than me.

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at throttle locks for my trips I take to Jax and back, about 225 miles each way. I did not like that the lock could jam on some of them or just stop holding speed(Oring /Friction type). I finally decided on a Cramp Buster from Cyclegear for about $10. Works great for me. Just use my palm and I can adjust the speed when the road elevation changes.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I have experience with Throttle-Miester and I'm satisfied with how they function. They are well machined out of stainless steel and brass and will last as long as the bike. Touchy to shim correctly but are trouble free from then on. Look cool and compatible.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the crampbuster then bought the Throttlemeister.

I never got comfortable with the crampbuster. I seemed to be in the way and when you you use it it leaves you feeling very twitchy because it is is sensitive to the amount of pressure you keep on the lever. Also it never really let me relax my hand/wrist like I wanted. The Throttlemeister is pretty expensive for a bit of metal, but it is very nicely made and works well. As noted, the installation is very picky till you get the right set of shims.

If you just want to change the angle of your wrist, the Crampbuster will do that. You could also do like my neighbor and use a section of bicycle tube - which worked fine until it fell apart on a long ride.

Chris

sparky338

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a Kaoko. It's nice, though doesn't come with new ends for both sides like the Throttlemeister. It gives a good sense of when it's activated and easy to grip since the ridges stick up.

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm leaning towards the throttlemiester since I have scratched bar ends that need some replacement. And they do look pretty nice, just hope I like how they work!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used the CrampBuster on my FZ6 & FZ1 and it worked fine, no big complaints. My husband has since found this device that I'm gonna try on the BMW:

http://stuccu.com/s/Go+Cruise+Throttle+Control-MbSLsTI-Buy-Exclusive-Deals-70-OFF-Save-Big-Lowest-Price-On-Go-Cruise-Throttle-Control-Best-In-Stock-Fast-Free-Shipping?keyword=go%20cruise%20throttle%20control&matchtype=e&querystring=go%20cruise%20throttle%20control&netid=2&aaid=549178c6b1b1c613ec05e0b4&oid=29082641252&caid=5464e53bb1b1c614fcfebf03&device=c&msclkid={mscklid}

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GoCruise. $20.. works perfectly. Takes 5 seconds to install / remove. Have been using one for 3 seasons now.
Allows me to take my hand completely off the bar and rest it at any speed. Just remember that throttle lock (no matter which one) cannot account of change in elevation.
I've seen my speed go up and down 10mph going over hills.

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering how these Go Cruises hold up to the Omni-Cruise?
Omni

I had an Omni-Cruise on my R6 which I transferred to the FZ6. Haven't gotten a chance to test it on the FZ yet due to the winter Blah. On the R6 the Omni worked great for around 6-7 months, The speed was maintained and as others mentioned above give or take a few miles through hilly rides. After 7 months I had to tighten down the bolt until a point where I could not tighten anymore to maintain the cruise control. I eventually changed out the silicon ring but never got the device to work as well as it did the first 6 months.

Did you lot experience this behavior with the Go Cruise? How long have you had it and did you have to change out the ring often to maintain the speeds?

I first tried the crampbuster and did not like it as it got in the way when stopping. I thought it too dangerous but others I ride with love it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering how these Go Cruises hold up to the Omni-Cruise?
Omni

I had an Omni-Cruise on my R6 which I transferred to the FZ6. Haven't gotten a chance to test it on the FZ yet due to the winter Blah. On the R6 the Omni worked great for around 6-7 months, The speed was maintained and as others mentioned above give or take a few miles through hilly rides. After 7 months I had to tighten down the bolt until a point where I could not tighten anymore to maintain the cruise control. I eventually changed out the silicon ring but never got the device to work as well as it did the first 6 months.

Did you lot experience this behavior with the Go Cruise? How long have you had it and did you have to change out the ring often to maintain the speeds?

I first tried the crampbuster and did not like it as it got in the way when stopping. I thought it too dangerous but others I ride with love it.

I've been using the same ring with Go Cruise for 3 years (20k miles). Mind you I don't use it constantly, but I'm very happy with how it held up. It's super simple.. no bolts. Just have to be careful when installing / removing it. Some people complained about breaking it. I'm still on original one.