Tire Age...Low Miles

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Humm you must have the Bridgerocks. Lots of tread - they will last a looooong time!!! No problem that they don't have any traction - easy to do burnouts . . .

Seriously get some new tires, I'm partial to Pilot Roads but there are a lot of good choices out there. Tires that are 7 years old may be OK if they have been stored in ideal conditions but I would not take the risk. Go down once and you have probably spent more that a good set of tires. IMO the most critical parts on the bike are the brakes and the tires. You can mix front and rear tires but need to watch that the tires have the same or similar profiles and similar grip levels. For example the Pilot Roads stick very well with little warm-up but more sport oriented tires need to be warm before they stick well. I like to have similar performance from the front and rears - people do run the PP front with the PR rear. I ride in the winter and in the rain so am partial to tires that work well in those conditions and are good in the twisties.