TireQwik Tire Changing tools

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My super wife Michele :rockon: got me yet more stuff for Christmas. I asked her for this kit from TireQwik. This is the Standard kit as described in the Pricing page which is $185.00 SHIPPED! :D

I won't be able to test the use of it until sometime next summer but it will be put to use then as I'll be needing new sneakers for the big girl.

Here's the obligatory shots for you all to view. You can scale this because it is sitting on 12" x 12" tile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice present.
Is there details on how to balance the wheel correctly, I see they included the weights for it. I've balanced car wheels before, but had a fancy machine to spin it up and tell me where to put the weights.

:rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice present.
Is there details on how to balance the wheel correctly, I see they included the weights for it. I've balanced car wheels before, but had a fancy machine to spin it up and tell me where to put the weights.

:rockon:

Thanks Dave. Yes, he describes how to use his balancer HERE. :D

Seems to be sturdy enough but we shall see how it holds up in the Busted Knuckle Garage over a few changes. :D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
awesome!

i'm trying to learn how to do this for my GS.
my bike uses tubes, so i need to take the wheel off in case i get a puncture.
i have to replace/repair the tube rather than plug the tire.
so now i'm reading up on how to break the bead, use tire levers, etc., in the field --not just in a garage.

how good are you at using the tire levers? that seems like the hardest part.

i'm trying to be like this guy:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQkSZnzsKM"]YouTube - Front tire swap (tubless motorcycle tire change without use of a bead breaker)[/ame]

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've yet to use these but will before the middle of summer. Besides the 11.5" two levers I have also bought the 16" Motion Pro lever so I have three. It should be very easy to break the bead with this tool and then getting the tires off with the spoons is just technique. Make sure you get the bead to move into the center of the wheel as much as possible while making the first two lifts with the levers. :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I want a kit like that! By the time I take the wheels off the bike and drive them to the tire place. It would be cheaper just to have that kit! Well worth every penny!:rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent video (he makes it look so easy) but he doesn't balance the tire???

It doesn't take long to do a static balance, do race bikes (looked like a street Yamaha to me) not balance their tires??? Anyone?

ksucrow

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, if you place the dot that the tire manufacturer puts on the sidewall of the tire, with the chuck on the wheel, it will be usually be pretty close to being balanced. I go to the track with a group of guys twice a month and I can't remember the last time any of us went through the extra work of balancing after replacing tires. Same goes for my streetbike.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, if you place the dot that the tire manufacturer puts on the sidewall of the tire, with the chuck on the wheel, it will be usually be pretty close to being balanced. I go to the track with a group of guys twice a month and I can't remember the last time any of us went through the extra work of balancing after replacing tires. Same goes for my streetbike.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you end up with out-of-balance wheels, at least 4 out of 5 times if that's all you do.

Dot just means the lightest part of the tire.. it has nothing to do with how MUCH that spot is lighter than any other spot. In addition to that, aligning lightest spot with valve means you are assuming that valve is the heaviest spot of the rim and that too is often not the case.

Obviously it will still be ridable, but you may be dealing with unnecessary vibration.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've found it to be extremly rare to have a tire mounted and not need balanced...

I guess if you wear them out on a weekend or two or racing it doesn't matter...

I'd like to keep the vibs down (as mentioned above) and get the most mileage as I can out of a tire, especially on the larger, higher HP/heavier bikes... For hundreds of dollars for a good tire, if I can get another 1,000+ miles out of them by balancing, I do...

The local race shop whom I do all my business with races bikes besides servicing them. They balance all the tires unless requested not to...

I'll watch them mount/balance the tire (with the white spot if equipped) and probably 90% of the time, they are off (static balance). Might take him 5 minutes extra....

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Daniel! :D I think it is going to work out just great! With 4 total rim protectors and 3 tire spoons, it shouldn't be a whole lot of fight. I may mod this to build a hold-down for the wheel too.

So, she sweetened the pot with a new 4 1/2" angle grinder, the Morgan Carbtune II kit, the fork seal drivers for both the 41mm and 43 mm forks (the FZ6R and the FZ1), Campbell Hausfeld 30 gal two-stage air compressor, air 1/2" impact wrench, air cutoff tool (3") and the PIAA dual tone horns for both bikes. WHEW! I love this woman!!