Trade my 2003 FZ-1 for your FZ-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedGray

Reaction score
Visit site
Crazy? Perhaps, but I rented an 08 FZ-6 while in Australia and fell in love. Maybe it's the undertail exhaust that does it for me; I dunno. But I'd like to trade my FZ-1 for an FZ-6.

Now, this is my first post so sorry. How's about I post some FZ-6 pictures from my several thousand km ride in AUS tomorrow...

For now here are the details:
2003 FZ-1
Yellow & Black color scheme
12,700 miles
Oil change at 12,500 miles
Never wrecked
A few scratches on the rear fairing from carrying a tail bag
Akrapovic exhaust
Otherwise, stock bike...

Here are a few pictures, pm or email if interested ([email protected])

I PROMISE if someone trades bikes then I'll start posting on here and not here: FZ1OA Message Board - Powered by vBulletin

I WILL DELIVER (RIDE) ANYWHERE IN THE US!

I will also cortech saddle bags and top bags with trade.
Hwy120WFizzyPops.jpg

Hwy120mountains.jpg

FZ11.jpg

TwistedGray

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the Bee! I would have traded up in a blinker if yours was a 07 Black FZ1 or any of the 06+ red ones.

To be honest, my first choice would be a DRZ-SM. I had one, sold it for this FZ-1, and now miss it enough to want another. Can't go far on it (re: seat) but it sure is fun...either way, I'll always have two bikes...sooooo :cheer:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
If I lived closer I would take a real good look at doing it. I've got an 05 fz6 and have been looking at getting a FZ1.

SeaPup

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd trade my 2008 FZ6 for that Bumble Bee but I'm still paying on my FZ6, owe about $5500 still :(
But I still like my little FZ6, I actually traded in a Silver
2005 FZ1 for this 2008 FZ6. The FZ1 has alot of power
FZ6 is the same bike just a 600cc Fuel injected version:thumbup:
That is a Sweeeeeeeeet 2003 FZ1:thumbup::thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd trade my 2008 FZ6 for that Bumble Bee but I'm still paying on my FZ6, owe about $5500 still :(
But I still like my little FZ6, I actually traded in a Silver
2005 FZ1 for this 2008 FZ6. The FZ1 has alot of power
FZ6 is the same bike just a 600cc Fuel injected version:thumbup:
That is a Sweeeeeeeeet 2003 FZ1:thumbup::thumbup:

You happy with the trade down? The 1st gen FZ1 is the best touring machine without losing much mpg. I am at the moment tempted to buy a 07 FZ1 black with 4K miles and micron slip on for $6300.

SeaPup

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Crazybiker,

The trade down was ok, the 2005 FZ1 was faster and I actually got better gas mileage because I had a couple Holeshot mods installed.

The FZ6 is nice tho, I wish D&D exhaust made some
pipes for it but I am surviving with Scorpions at the moment
and I just install A K&N filter. I tried the airbox mod with
the K&N filter but the FZ6 hated it, so I'm running Scorpion
exhaust with the K&N filter in the stock OEM air box and
the FZ6 is running SWEEEEEET. I'm liking the K&N filter with the Scorpions exhaust. I also went to a 44T in
the rear to try and EEK out few extra MPG but I think
I'm getting about 39 to 44mpg depending on wrist action.

I think some would laugh because of the trade down, but
the FZ6 is fuel injected, weighs slightly less and is very
manueverable, plus with the scorpions and K&N filter
it is definitely a "Smile planter" on your face. I would
bet if I went to stock gearing I would be wheeling alot.
The 2005 FZ1 and 2008 FZ6 act very similar with the
same type of Throttle response, High RPM redline, and
ease of wheelies straight out the box.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
You got me thinking man! After test riding a 08 FZ1 I was almost decided to buy the 07. I hate to sell the FZ6 after modding the hell out of it and it is such a good allround bike. I think I need to ride more litre bikes like the Sprint ST, Z1000, Speed Triple, Futura to make a wise decision. I wish I could keep my FZ6 and get another (litre) bike

Underseat exhaust is definitely what I am addicted to thats why Sprint ST is in serious consideration.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have piqued my interest, is that a re-painted front end? Just curious as I recall my Australia version having a bunch of pin stripes and fazer badging.
No it's all original paint.I de-badged it because I did'nt like the graphics.the wheel's are from an 08 r6 I put chrome wheels on.they are a goldish green color and the exact same size and style as the stock black wheels.

SeaPup

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Crazybiker,

There is nothing wrong with the FZ1's, I was too thinking about a 2008 FZ1 when I traded in my modified 05 FZ1 but they want way too much for insurance, besides I already have a 05 ZZR1200 :D.

If you are looking to trade up, the FZ1 is nice as you know, I have personally test rode a Sprint ST and found the FZ1 more enjoyable ;) however I test rode a Triumph Tiger and Man it was very enjoyable, I preferred the Tiger over the Sprint. I also test rode a Triumph Daytona and it was nice, just alittle too cramp for me, these test rides were last year in Virginia close to the MD line. I was told that the Triumph Street Triple was just enjoyable as the Daytona but way more comfortable, however I did not get to ride the Street Triple. At last I bought the FZ6 wish was more affordable, fuel injected and enjoyable. I still like the Tiger tho.

The reason I sold my FZ1 was because I have never had a fuel injected bike, so I was not going to let go of my 05 ZZR1200 so it was the FZ1 to go (besides I had bought the FZ1 second hand with 2,200 miles on it, practically new but used in the sense that I did not get it with zero miles).

In any event for my first Fuel Injected Bike, the FZ6 is doing fine. Good luck on your decision making, remember tho your FZ6 is really a very fine machine and you will have a hard time finding something that can do so many things in one Motorcycle. FZ1 is the same style just more Muscle and more insurance cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.