Trip advice

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you had a Safe Trip! ^^
Eye drops/rinse. Nothing like a good bug to the eye....
Ear plugs.

I did bring eye drops because I wear contacts and need drops sometimes if my eyes get dry, so I always carry a bottle. In fact, my husband did get a bug in his eye the last day of our trip. He wears a full face helmet and prescription glasses and the little bugger still got in his eye. We pulled over and he was OK in a few minutes, but still not a fun time. So, good advice.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Trip by the numbers

HI Ladies and gentlemen,
I decided it would be fun to report my trip by significant numbers. I hope it's entertaining.

3: days traveled

858: miles traveled

10: critters that ran out in front of us
~1: cottontail rabbit
~10: deer (at various times)
~1: squirrel

8: fuel stops

0: kids along for the ride. YES!!! The house and pets were fine. Neighbors wouldn't tell us any stories either. New burn marks on patio... possibly from fireworks? Hmm...

1: bottle of wine (after second day, since restaurant was walking distance to
hotel and we were beat up)

99: percentage of friendly fellow riders on the road.

0: issues on the road. Everything worked great!! I didn't even stall it at a four way stop when some guys noticed I was a chick on a sport bike and hollered at me. I thought "don't stall it" and my husband said over the intercom "don't stall it". lol

Priceless: our experience

We had everything we needed. I wish that we had brought more snacks to keep up our energy up.

Additional Advice: I would add planning your fuel stops before you begin your trip. Planning our fuel stops really helped reduce stress since some of the stretches of roads had little gas stations or expensive options. My husband can usually go about 200 miles on his VFR before needing fuel. I can usually go a little farther with my FZ.:rockon: So, I figured out the mileage between major cities and planned accordingly. Worked great!!

Thanks again for all your advice. It was a fun trip and we are already planning the next one. Oh wait, I forgot, we are going on a trip in a week. We are heading to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca, Monterey, CA; however, we are trailering the bikes to San Jose and taking our son and his SV650 this time. Friday and Saturday we going on day trips and riding to the race on Sunday. After all, Valentino is waiting for me....lol:cheer:

Californians: if you haven't ridden highway 36 between Fortuna and Red Bluff yet, I highly recommend it. I almost kept up with my husband the entire 140 miles. :cheer: