Trip to Berrima NSW

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be in Berrima for work from the 20th-ish of this month until July 11th-ish. I'll be working 10 hours a day, and 7 days a week, but I would like to hit the twisties at some point. Probably before, during, and after...lol. I'll have some squared off touring tyres on but will still probably hit it pretty hard.

1. Any good spots, nearby?

2. How bad are the filth?

3. Will have to catch up with someone for a grog at some point, or maybe even a ride if we can organise something:rockon:.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While your there mate you MUST visit Wombeyan Caves , the road in is AWESOME & in the years its been since I was there it should all be bitumen by now :thumbup:

Geocaching paradise down that way too ;)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,both good routes, macquarie pass is a must as is the back way from nowra,camberwarra mtn,barrengarry(?)mtn,kangaroo vly(sh1t gotta go to work.......again:rolleyes:)might be able to catch up at some stage:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,both good routes, macquarie pass is a must as is the back way from nowra,camberwarra mtn,barrengarry(?)mtn,kangaroo vly(sh1t gotta go to work.......again:rolleyes:)might be able to catch up at some stage:thumbup:

Hope so mate. I'm looking at maybe staying up there a few days and heading up to Newcastel via The Putty. See if I can catch up with Dunno:thumbup:. (Don't need much excuse to do Putty Road again...lol.:BLAA:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
While your there mate you MUST visit Wombeyan Caves , the road in is AWESOME & in the years its been since I was there it should all be bitumen by now :thumbup:

Geocaching paradise down that way too ;)

I'm pretty sure theres still some dirt sections on the wombeyan caves road.I think all the adv riders head out that way:confused:

bazza

I'll sleep when I die!!
Reaction score
Visit site

yeah I would suggest doing the loop go to mossvale then go to down Barrengarry mountain to Kangaroo Valley (great twisty stuff) then go over Cambewarra mountain down to the coast at Nowra (dont go into Nowra its a hole) turn left at princess hwy and go to Kiama for lunch very nice town. you will not regret stopping there, and enjoy the Kiama bends just before Kiama (fast sweeping tight bends and the road surface is race track quality) then from there go th Albion Park Rail and head west via Maquarie pass back up to Mossvale ( word of warning about Maquarie pass there is a concrete water culvert about 1/2 way up on a left hand bend that will challenge you if you are going into it hot. it runs across the road from one side to the other
you will not find a better ride anywhere.
I do the Nowra to Mossvale route for fun most weeks.
let me know and if work and the gods line up we could meet:thumbup:

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah I would suggest doing the loop go to mossvale then go to down Barrengarry mountain to Kangaroo Valley (great twisty stuff) then go over Cambewarra mountain down to the coast at Nowra (dont go into Nowra its a hole) turn left at princess hwy and go to Kiama for lunch very nice town. you will not regret stopping there, and enjoy the Kiama bends just before Kiama (fast sweeping tight bends and the road surface is race track quality) then from there go th Albion Park Rail and head west via Maquarie pass back up to Mossvale ( word of warning about Maquarie pass there is a concrete water culvert about 1/2 way up on a left hand bend that will challenge you if you are going into it hot. it runs across the road from one side to the other
you will not find a better ride anywhere.
I do the Nowra to Mossvale route for fun most weeks.
let me know and if work and the gods line up we could meet:thumbup:

Cool. Thanks for that. I usually do a few sighting runs on unknown roads, but even on a slightly overzealous sighting run a culvert across the road might be an adventure:eek:...lol.

I think I'm supposed to finish on a Sunday, but I reckon I'll hang for another day or so, and then go the Putty. Then comes the horror of the return trip:eek::(.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should watch a rugby league game while you're there. New experience :)

BTW, the Kiama blowhole wasn't working when I was there - damn the nice weather :rant:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should watch a rugby league game while you're there. New experience :)

BTW, the Kiama blowhole wasn't working when I was there - damn the nice weather :rant:

LMAO. I lived in QLD for 7 years. NSW for 5 years. I've seen (and played) plenty of rugby. Even got to see The Screaming Jets:rockon: play at the 1991(?) State Of Origin.

As for the coast in those areas....Wish I could take my kayak...Definitely taking a rod or two:D.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO. I lived in QLD for 7 years. NSW for 5 years. I've seen (and played) plenty of rugby. Even got to see The Screaming Jets:rockon: play at the 1991(?) State Of Origin.

As for the coast in those areas....Wish I could take my kayak...Definitely taking a rod or two:D.

And........ I've been told

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, if you get the opportunity, head up from Jamberoo to Robertson (Bring your camera - very postcardish) via Jamberoo Mountain Road. Up is MUCH better than down.:rolleyes:

+1 for the Kangaroo valley! :thumbup:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Dont know if anyone has mentioed yet but pack warm,its fecken freezin at the moment & as you probably know berrima is in the southern highlands:-[

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont know if anyone has mentioed yet but pack warm,its fecken freezin at the moment & as you probably know berrima is in the southern highlands:-[

Lived in Canberra for a year as well, so I remember how cold it got....and the black ice also:(.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK..Berrima trip done and dusted. Freaking cold. Freaking windy. Not much chance to ride. But managed to get out for a little bit of a look around...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGc5Mh8L8u8]‪FZ1 Valley Of The Dinosaurs.avi‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This is my first look at Kangaroo Valley. Didn't have a clue which way the roads ran, but managed a bit of fun anyway.:BLAA:

Edit...PS. Have a look at the slide in the very first turn...lol...I love riding my bike. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK..Berrima trip done and dusted. Freaking cold. Freaking windy. Not much chance to ride. But managed to get out for a little bit of a look around...

‪FZ1 Valley Of The Dinosaurs.avi‬‏ - YouTube

This is my first look at Kangaroo Valley. Didn't have a clue which way the roads ran, but managed a bit of fun anyway.:BLAA:

Edit...PS. Have a look at the slide in the very first turn...lol...I love riding my bike. :D

Nice vid mikey! :rockon: