Triple tree clamp

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the tire/rim seam is leaking, I suspect the aluminum rim is either corroded / pitted some or if there's a clear coat, some is gone(allowing the leak).

You can sand the inner edge of the rim (where the bead meets).

A customer of mine with really small, stout tires was doing the same thing (steel wheel, approx. 8"). We sanded it smooth, it was slightly bent but it still leaked.
He brought it to a tire store and they used something around the bead (some sort of liquid sealer I gather) and that fixed that slow leak.
(I had previously replaced the valve as that had ripped at the base-so two issues)

jesse_sanders

Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize for my absence, work had engulfed me. I wrecked this bike some years ago and it sat for some time and these problems happened. The fella said it needed a new tire so I did so and it seems fixed.

I'm debating going back to factory bars and buying a R6. This setup is great for railing turns but makes the area between my shoulder blades catch fire after 45 minutes or so. Old age had caught me :(

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize for my absence, work had engulfed me. I wrecked this bike some years ago and it sat for some time and these problems happened. The fella said it needed a new tire so I did so and it seems fixed.

I'm debating going back to factory bars and buying a R6. This setup is great for railing turns but makes the area between my shoulder blades catch fire after 45 minutes or so. Old age had caught me :(

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

With that new information (wrecked), sounds like the rim may be bent (oblong).

A rim (used) is a lot cheaper than a new bike, and why buy something that's un-comfortable for you??

The stock set up (Triple and straighter bars) wouldn't be quite as aggressive a position as the clip ons..Might consider that..

Last edited: