Triumph Sprint ST

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

It's been awhile since I've posted on the forum but It was my first thought when inquiring about the triumph sprint st. I am thinking of trading my bike in or selling it outright and getting a 2008 Triumph Sprint ST with 3,000 Miles on it. Does anyone have an experience or even ridden one? Any comments about it?
Im curious to as if the ergo's are similar to my FZ6? I am 6'3 and 260lbs and my FZ sure does just fine :rockon:

Thanks!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
The Sprint ST is on my bucket list of bikes to own also, not sure about the ergos though, might be a little cramped but from what I've read most riders really enjoy the bike and find it comfortable.
Here is a good site for starters--
Triumph Sprint Owners Club - Powered by vBulletin

Post what you decide cause I would like to hear your thoughts about the bike.

Jerry

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Try this site for a check on the ergos.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

If it were me, then versus my FZ6 I'd have quite a bit more forward lean but not much more angle on hips or knees.

I was searching the forum the past few days for insight on handlebars and I found a link to this site. It was from Erci but somebody had reposted later.

BTW, I've ordered a new set of FZ6R bars to try to help my wrists last for more than 20 miles.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I've sat on them , and it's a very comfortable bike. Not sure about vibration but I think it's a bike that you can easily ride across country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DScLrEyMuU]2008 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 ride - YouTube[/ame]

Airplnmech

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode a Sprint ST for about 20 minutes on a combination of back roads and highways around Jacksonville FL. I found it was a more committed riding position than the FZ but I found it quite comfortable. It is definitely on the sport side of "sport touring" but it is a bike that I could ride all day. Between the ST and the GT I would go with the GT because it seemed like the GT had a little more wiggle room.

The biggest change from the FZ to the ST was that awesome 1050 triple engine! :rockon:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
My roommate owns a 99 Sprint ST (955) - it's a wonderful bike - 38k miles and one major spill and that triple still purrs well. It's a great engine, very comfortable bike that can do just about anything. Definitely a step up from the FZ for that year with those miles on it.

He's your exact size - fits him like a glove (a lot better than his RSV-R)

I am not your size - still feels nice.

Smooth power down low, very stable bike, and fast. Feels good dropping into a corner, but not as flicky as my FZ (I've got the forks shortened and clip ons on mine, fwiw)

Pretty low seat so that's nice (not important for you)

I don't know if they're still using the plastic tanks - but if you ever take one of those off, do it in the winter when it will stay shrunk, we spent hours wrestling his tank back on because they tend to swell - a hot summer day and you have no chance of fitting that thing back in the frame.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I moved from a 2004 FZ6 to a 2008 SPRINT ST a few years back, and I've been highly impressed and satisfied with the move.

The bike has great power and a smooth transmission with a lot of power in the upper portion of the power band. You can just keep reaching for throttle. Tons of fun.

It comfortable cruising at 80 on the highway or going through the twisties playing in the low gears. It truly is a great all round bike.
The ergos are all day comfortable but the bike still looks and can ride like a sport bike. I'm 6'2" and the bike fits me well. The single sided swing arm is really unique and sexy too :) Attracts attention wherever I ride.

Hard bags make the bike even more useful (although a full face helmet will not fit).
Since I've had the Sprint, I have not had the normal desire for the "next level "bike.
Here's a few pics of mine....love it
P.S> The sound of the triple is also sweet.

picture.php

picture.php